Fave sweets and grub

tiffy

what about spangles or even five fruit polo's you dont see them anymore there is one thing you do see but with its name changed and thats marathon what is now snickers. what about the hazelnut bar what you could buy. my favourite grub is pigs trotters and black pudding also bread and dripping covered in salt, when I was a kid I use to love fussels milk spread on thick bread or even the small hovis loafs what you could buy as a kid. can you still get beechnut chewing gum or as that now gone, I use to get bags and bags of rainbow crystals and always buy them big sherbert lollies to dip it into the bag. I also use to eat a few of the fry's chocolate cream bars and the texan bars as well its know wonder I had problems with my teeth the last time I went to the dentist he said to me your teeth is alright your gums have got to come out lol.

I also use to eat a few of the fry's chocolate cream bars and the texan bars as well its know wonder I had problems with my teeth the last time I went to the dentist he said to me your teeth is alright your gums have got to come out lol.

Woolworths have started doing blasts from the past sweets and they had some texan bars in the last time i went in.

Does anyone remember those bubblies called either Gold Dust or Golden Nuggets? (can't remember exact name) They came in a small cloth drawstring bag and were little bits of bright yellow bubbly. The bag may have had a cowboy or prospector or something similar on it in brown I think.

Me and my brothers loved them and used the little bags for keeping alsorts of stuff in afterwards!

O-Pee chee bubble gum Lonon Ontario, made Gold rush under licence of Topps of New York.some of the machines I repaired for 17 yrs,this place now closed and gone

• 4 weeks later...
Hiya

tried "chiklin n bag"

salt n vig ....lubbly

It used to be Lion Sports Mixture and Midget Gems. Unfortunately they have been taken over by Bassets and have completely ruined the mix by substituting the liquorice flavoured ones for blackcurrant. I dont buy them anymore :(

Talking about drink shops there was one on Heeley Green it use to smell like pure heaven,something like orange cordial.Does anyone remember the orange you got from the clinic for babies,it was lovely,I dont suppose it would be good for the new teeth,anyway I never shared it!

Hiya Kath

Is that you from SA

Tis me janet I lost you for a while

nice to meet up again

It used to be Lion Sports Mixture and Midget Gems. Unfortunately they have been taken over by Bassets and have completely ruined the mix by substituting the liquorice flavoured ones for blackcurrant. I dont buy them anymore :(

Hiya

NAAA its an offal like tripe

Its the sort of stuff you aquire a taste for

Archived