Fave sweets and grub

tiffy

Now you mention Sheffield fishcakes!! Cant beat'em. One thing you cant get in worcestershire is Sheffield fishcakes. Do you know a few years ago our local chippy changed hands and it turned out it was a couple who used to run the chippy on John st, (by SUFC for you none blades fans). So I begged them to make proper fishcakes..do you think they would? No they said it would take too long and they wouldn't sell. And by the way just because I live in worcestershire now doesnt mean I use Worcester sauce. I still have a bottle of Hendersons relish in my cupboard and I never ever ever have fishcakes from the chippy unless I visit my brother in Handsworth.

Hiya

warabat "roe n chips"

janet

Talking of old favorites, whats happened to wagon wheels, they used to be huge, and they've shrunk :suspect: ... or could it be me thats grown?:loopy:

No, I think wagon wheels really have shrunk, we used to buy them going to saturday morning pictures at the Pavilionl, on your birthday you were called up onto the stage and got a free one and a lucky bag. Also on Attercliffe there was a Tripe and Pie shop which also sold Cow Heel and Pigs Trotters. Close by was an excellent sarspirrila shop.

Now you mention Sheffield fishcakes!! Cant beat'em. One thing you cant get in worcestershire is Sheffield fishcakes. Do you know a few years ago our local chippy changed hands and it turned out it was a couple who used to run the chippy on John st, (by SUFC for you none blades fans). So I begged them to make proper fishcakes..do you think they would? No they said it would take too long and they wouldn't sell. And by the way just because I live in worcestershire now doesnt mean I use Worcester sauce. I still have a bottle of Hendersons relish in my cupboard and I never ever ever have fishcakes from the chippy unless I visit my brother in Handsworth.

Yep, its incredible isnt it how the rest of the world considers those disgusting things fishcakes compared to the gourmet feast that was a Sheffield fishcake. I also always try and keep a bottle of hendersons out here in spain. I'm between bottles at the moment because I forgot to bring a bottle back from my last visit. Worcester sauce is no comparision.

You can still get Liquorice root, but now you get it from health food shops like Holland and Barret. I cant seem to get hold of the really hard juice liquorice, not the Bassets stuff, the hard core stuff. You can still get original Imps, the pharmacy on School Road at Crookes sells them but most chemist sell a slightly different product from the same company called Nigroids.

yes, i remember spanish gold, used to eat it all the time as a kid, and also that orrible chewing wood which tasted of....... not quite sure what it tasted of. can't remember Rondellos though. what about rainbow sherbet and Jubblys? loved those.
Llicorice! the kids here inFrance still buy it .Arthur.

Archived