Happy with the Government?

Are you happy with your government?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with your government?

• Yes, they are super.
    • No, but we'll vote them out at the next election.
    • We need electoral reform.
    • We need a revolution, preferably non-violent.

I hear a lot of moaning about the government, and also a lot blamed on the one before, and a lot of suggestions that they are all as bad as each other.

I know this forum is not exactly representative, but it is usually a good place to get input from, so what do we think?

Electoral reform would help but last time the country was able to vote on that no one showed up, got confused by the reform or just saw it as a vote against Nick Clegg.

Indeed. I wonder how many of those voting "We need electoral reform" are UKIP supporters and recent converts to the idea.

Electoral reform would help but last time the country was able to vote on that...

That referendum was a con and I am surprised that anyone fell for it. Cleggy most of all.

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 16:38 ----------

What reform would you like to see?

I think we need some fundamental reform, but at a minimum we need the option to vote for "none of the above" like India and France have recently decided to do.

We need electoral reform as I believe politicians rarely represent the people who elect them instead representing the party they are a member of.

Sadly, I also believe asking for electoral reform is a bit like asking the monkeys if you might, pretty please, have the key to the banana plantation back, one day, if that's not too much trouble, you won't get it in any meaningful form that means politicians will answer to you rather than the other way round.

We need electoral reform as I believe politicians rarely represent the people who elect them instead representing the party they are a member of.

Sadly, I also believe asking for electoral reform is a bit like asking the monkeys if you might, pretty please, have the key to the banana plantation back, one day, if that's not too much trouble, you won't get it in any meaningful form that means politicians will answer to you rather than the other way round.

Problem is, would people even bother to vote even if we had electoral reform?

Problem is, would people even bother to vote even if we had electoral reform?
Possibly, if they thought their opinions carried any weight with politicians, but it's not going to happen with the politicians we have they need replacing first

Archived