Woman commits suicide when Benefits stop.

I'm at a loss why you display this opinion, the poor woman has killed herself as she was judged "fit to work". This resulted in her benefits stopping so she would be at an all time low, it amazes me how many people on here know so much about ATOS and how they work.

I do, trust me they are probably one of the most incompetent sets you could come across, if you're going to knock them at least have 1st hand knowledge of how they work.

Not all the assessors it must be said are bad, but seems some are, she could have requested (demanded) a home visit saying she couldn't get there. It is a shame but it's happened and it won't be the last, while ever we have such a heartless government in power who, tell ATOS how to operate.

I don't think you read my post properly.

Hi Mr Bloke that's what I was eluding too but not so many words, she possibly may have tripped herself up, no sorry she did herself no favours going through the pain barrier to get there.

Trust me the assessors will try to do anything to catch people out, let me give you an example if a man goes with one arm, and says he cannot carry heavy boxes.

Their retort will be that he could, pull the box towards his midriff and pick it up with his one good arm and carry it. If you can raise your arm above your head, your fit for work.

Bad example, I once worked with a 1 armed plasterer

Bad example, I once worked with a 1 armed plasterer

Er no it's not, as it's the example that the DWP & ATOS use, and I used to know a very good 1 armed snooker player. As I say you have to understand how these organisations work, they are very devious trust me I know.

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 17:59 ----------

I don't think you read my post properly.

No ash don't mean anything, just clicked on 1st post i came to, not singling you out.

Er no it's not, as it's the example that the DWP & ATOS use, and I used to know a very good 1 armed snooker player. As I say you have to understand how these organisations work, they are very devious trust me I know.

---------- Post added 04-12-2013 at 17:59 ----------

No ash don't mean anything, just clicked on 1st post i came to, not singling you out.

But surely having only one arm doesn't mean your incapable to work

I'm at a loss why you display this opinion, the poor woman has killed herself as she was judged "fit to work". This resulted in her benefits stopping so she would be at an all time low, it amazes me how many people on here know so much about ATOS and how they work.

I do, trust me they are probably one of the most incompetent sets you could come across, if you're going to knock them at least have 1st hand knowledge of how they work.

Not all the assessors it must be said are bad, but seems some are, she could have requested (demanded) a home visit saying she couldn't get there. It is a shame but it's happened and it won't be the last, while ever we have such a heartless government in power who, tell ATOS how to operate.

I doubt this very much. The whole article is hardly objective is it?

One would assume that the poor lady had chronic underlying problems that contributed hugely to her decision to take her own life.

"She just wanted her benefit so she could have avoided the pressure of work – it wasn't a massive amount of money"

This is what her sister said, how many of us would like to avoid the pressure of work?

"She was gregarious and loved dogs, and music and to boogie as much as her back would allow. She was an intelligent girl"

Again from her sister. So she could boogie, in fact her sister had seen her do it so much that she knew she loved to do so. If you are physically well enough to boogie, it is my opinion that you are physically well enough to work. An opinion shared by medical evidence and upheld at review.

It is sad that someone killed themselves, but they were a victim of no one but their poor mental state. This is not a dig at her, mental health is a serious issue, someone close to me killed themselves due to mental health. However, with no evidence, aside from a heavily bias article from a local rag, you lot seem to think you understand the reasons behind this persons death.

If you have first hand knowledge then presumably you have been sent back to work by them? I can understand therefore your bias opinion. You were used to getting stuff for free and they have stopped you getting it. It would annoy me too.

One would assume that the poor lady had chronic underlying problems that contributed hugely to her decision to take her own life.

"She just wanted her benefit so she could have avoided the pressure of work – it wasn't a massive amount of money"

This is what her sister said, how many of us would like to avoid the pressure of work?

"She was gregarious and loved dogs, and music and to boogie as much as her back would allow. She was an intelligent girl"

Again from her sister. So she could boogie, in fact her sister had seen her do it so much that she knew she loved to do so. If you are physically well enough to boogie, it is my opinion that you are physically well enough to work. An opinion shared by medical evidence and upheld at review.

It is sad that someone killed themselves, but they were a victim of no one but their poor mental state. This is not a dig at her, mental health is a serious issue, someone close to me killed themselves due to mental health. However, with no evidence, aside from a heavily bias article from a local rag, you lot seem to think you understand the reasons behind this persons death.

If you have first hand knowledge then presumably you have been sent back to work by them? I can understand therefore your bias opinion. You were used to getting stuff for free and they have stopped you getting it. It would annoy me too.

Was just about to type something very similar.

I feel sorry for the lady and her family but I would suggest she had underlying mental illness issues and did not just kill herself due to the benefits re-form.

The quote from her sister:

The above won't get much sympathy from most in my opinion as I am sure most have us have felt like this or currently do feel like this.

Well you couldn't be more wrong.

Archived