Girls!! Would you go out with a guy who didn't have a car?

Depends where you live, in London the vast majority of people don't drive because it's a pain in the arse and simpler not to.

But that doesn't stop them owning cars for when they want to go to Brighton for the day.

I own a car but as a student in Sheffield I usually come to town on the train because there is usually nowhere here to park a car. But living (temporarily) in the Peak District I would find it difficult to manage without one, particularly as I am a sponsored student and have to visit company offices all over this country and Europe.

S So why start a relationship with no future and spend your life driving a guy around when you could have one driving you?

hire a chauffeur?

doesn't it make any difference who the guy is or what he is like?

surely a great guy without a car is better than a plonker with one

So you have no car then?

Being realistic this is how it works. On a day like today I'm not going to wander the streets when I have a perfectly good car parked in my garage. Therefore if I go on a date with a guy who doesn't drive then I'm going to end up driving.

So he gets to drink the remains of the bottle whilst I have a glass.

This is OK once or twice but on every date you can forget it. So why start a relationship with no future and spend your life driving a guy around when you could have one driving you?

Being realistic this is how it works: on a day like today I'm not going to wander the streets when I have a perfectly good car parked in my garage. Therefore if I go on a date with a guy who doesn't drive then I'm going to end up driving. So he gets to drink the remains of the bottle whilst I have a glass. This is OK, because during the date I realise he is really nice and I am willing to put some effort into the relationship or I realise he isn't my type after all and I don't date him again.

hire a chauffeur?

doesn't it make any difference who the guy is or what he is like?

surely a great guy without a car is better than a plonker with one

I do believe that car ownership and being a plonker do not go hand in hand. There are plenty of plonkers who use the buses. Indeed they probably have to use the buses due to being a plonker.

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 13:56 ----------

Being realistic this is how it works: on a day like today I'm not going to wander the streets when I have a perfectly good car parked in my garage. Therefore if I go on a date with a guy who doesn't drive then I'm going to end up driving. So he gets to drink the remains of the bottle whilst I have a glass. This is OK, because during the date I realise he is really nice and I am willing to put some effort into the relationship or I realise he isn't my type after all and I don't date him again.

I can do that over a coffee in the student bars.

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 13:57 ----------

That's one of the great things about living in a big city like Glasgow.

I jump on the bus,or tube with Doctors,shop/office workers etc: No snobbery,just makes sense to leave the car and travel to work on an excellent transport system.

My missus does most of the driving and doesn't mind that although i drive,i'm not really bothered about it. Although in the new year i will get back behind the wheel more.

But not make do without one.

Wouldn't treating each other as equals mean taking turns with the driving?

It could do obviously.

But think it through...

... does it also mean for example, you helping out with the DIY jobs around the house?

COMPROMISE... go and look it up if you don't understand the meaning of it! ;)

But that doesn't stop them owning cars for when they want to go to Brighton for the day.

I own a car but as a student in Sheffield I usually come to town on the train because there is usually nowhere here to park a car. But living (temporarily) in the Peak District I would find it difficult to manage without one, particularly as I am a sponsored student and have to visit company offices all over this country and Europe.

And park it where? Most people live in apartments in London.

I mean if you're stupid enough to not date anyone without a car then you'll have missed out on some really decent people maybe even the love of your life.

Frankly I don't know why anybody would want anyone as shallow as you. Nevermind not dating me if I didn't have a car - I wouldn't date you at all.

I drove into Sheffield in my first year then I realised it was stupid because it was much easier to get the tram after driving around for ages missing lectures trying to get a parking space.

I do believe that car ownership and being a plonker do not go hand in hand. There are plenty of plonkers who use the buses. Indeed they probably have to use the buses due to being a plonker.

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 13:56 ----------

I can do that over a coffee in the student bars.

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 13:57 ----------

But not make do without one.

Ok...So a potential date has a car. He picks you up in his yellow 3 wheeler. Would this be okay with you?

Archived