Girls!! Would you go out with a guy who didn't have a car?

So you have no car then?

Being realistic this is how it works. On a day like today I'm not going to wander the streets when I have a perfectly good car parked in my garage. Therefore if I go on a date with a guy who doesn't drive then I'm going to end up driving.

So he gets to drink the remains of the bottle whilst I have a glass.

This is OK once or twice but on every date you can forget it. So why start a relationship with no future and spend your life driving a guy around when you could have one driving you?

Sorry but you seem as "deep as a puddle" a bloke doesn't need a car, if you get to spend time together you gets taxis, it's called compromise. I've never driven in my life, but never been short of a lass, happily married for 16 years, been together going into our 23rd year.

Why does a man need a car, we are a couple we get taxis, or used to get the bus when I could get around, I think lots of women look for better qualities than "does he have a car".

I am old school and have always paid for everything, that is the mans job I don't hold with all this "dutch" rubbish, look after your woman she'll look after you.

Anyway on a day like today, why'd you wanna be walking the streets?

But what if the guy youre dating doesnt have a license? Is that the first question you ask a guy before agreeing to date him?

My other half doesnt drive, I dont drive and we had a very large distance between us when we first met. A driving license meant zilch in our situation.

But what if the guy youre dating doesnt have a license? Is that the first question you ask a guy before agreeing to date him?

My other half doesnt drive, I dont drive and we had a very large distance between us when we first met. A driving license meant zilch in our situation.

Serious question, did you meet him in the US I ask as it would be a very large distance, I cannot fathom why some folk feel that driving is the be all and end all of life.

Sorry but you seem as "deep as a puddle" a bloke doesn't need a car, if you get to spend time together you gets taxis, it's called compromise. I've never driven in my life, but never been short of a lass, happily married for 16 years, been together going into our 23rd year.

Why does a man need a car, we are a couple we get taxis, or used to get the bus when I could get around, I think lots of women look for better qualities than "does he have a car".

I am old school and have always paid for everything, that is the mans job I don't hold with all this "dutch" rubbish, look after your woman she'll look after you.

Anyway on a day like today, why'd you wanna be walking the streets?

You wouldn't. You'd take the car.

I think with the current generation folk learn to drive as soon as they are old enough if they can afford it. I'm pretty sure that turning up for a job interview these days the ability to drive comes up pretty early in the assessment process for any high level job. Therefore the inability to drive seriously holds back your earning potential. You don't even get to deliver pizzas or takeaways without you can drive.

I do believe that car ownership and being a plonker do not go hand in hand. There are plenty of plonkers who use the buses. Indeed they probably have to use the buses due to being a plonker.

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 13:56 ----------

I can do that over a coffee in the student bars.

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 13:57 ----------

But not make do without one.

I don't even bother when i visit family down in Sheffield. I prefer the train.

All my family live close,so i don't even need to hire one.

However,i do agree with you that driving should be shared when possible.

Pete,

loving the expression deep as a puddle. I had written a reply that was rather more vicious than that, but I realise now that uptowngirl is a pseudonym account for a 56 year old man living out his fantasies as a snotty female law-student with more money than sense.

PS your message inbox was full this morning :)

Archived