MP's in parliament embarrassing

I'm not a major political buff, in fact I can go as far as saying that my political following generally spreads as far as the 2 page spread in the newspaper the day after budget day to see how much fuel has gone up.

However I just heard a news clip on the radio from the Houses Of Parliament and it reminded me of just how some of the people who supposedly act in the best interests of our fine country and it's people actually are.

I have to say I recently attended an awards day at my little ones primary school in which the youngsters conducted themselves much better. In parliament all you hear are politicians rudely interrupting eachother and jeering at the top of voices whilst others are talking, some even using borderline naughties at times as well.

Seriously doesn't it make you feel warm inside knowing that our well-being is being safe guarding by these fine representatives of society!

I'm not a major political buff, in fact I can go as far as saying that my political following generally spreads as far as the 2 page spread in the newspaper the day after budget day to see how much fuel has gone up.

However I just heard a news clip on the radio from the Houses Of Parliament and it reminded me of just how some of the people who supposedly act in the best interests of our fine country and it's people actually are.

I have to say I recently attended an awards day at my little ones primary school in which the youngsters conducted themselves much better. In parliament all you hear are politicians rudely interrupting eachother and jeering at the top of voices whilst others are talking, some even using borderline naughties at times as well.

Seriously doesn't it make you feel warm inside knowing that our well-being is being safe guarding by these fine representatives of society!

I find it disgusting and always have done.

Examples

it was ever thus

i don't think behaviour in the house of commons has deteriorated as much as behaviour in the real world...

The commons hasn't deteriorated at all: as you say, "it was ever thus".

Perhaps society at large has deteriorated because now we can see the example they set, and follow it?

I find it disgusting and always have done.

Examples

Where you have 630 people sat in one place , coming from different backgrounds and, with different aspirations, different views etc., do you not think that you will inevitably get some nods and here here's , as well as some jeer's .

Just look at the differences of opinion on this thread.

I think the " Speaker " of the commons doe's an excellent job in maintaining job.

Most , if not all , of the work is done in the committee's . The House of Commons is merely a " Forum" , just like this is .

Where you have 630 people sat in one place , coming from different backgrounds and, with different aspirations, different views etc., do you not think that you will inevitably get some nods and here here's , as well as some jeer's .

Just look at the differences of opinion on this thread.

I think the " Speaker " of the commons doe's an excellent job in maintaining job.

Most , if not all , of the work is done in the committee's . The House of Commons is merely a " Forum" , just like this is .

Its called manners, something we teach our kids, when someone is speaking, listen, then speak when its your turn, something most, if not all MP's have either forgotten or were never taught.

The rowdy mop I see in parliament don't inspire much confidence.

Its called manners, something we teach our kids, when someone is speaking, listen, then speak when its your turn, something most, if not all MP's have either forgotten or were never taught.

The rowdy mop I see in parliament don't inspire much confidence.

I see a great deal of bad manners , and disrespect ,in a great number of people.

For the most part it is in adults , born largely out of arrogance.

I live close by two schools and a nursery. All I have ever seen from all of the children is social courtesy and respect .

I would suspect that if you fall into an argument or , feel aggrieved by a point which has been made by someone you also may interject , somewhat more emphatically, in order to propound your point. Albeit that you may under normal circumstances be good mannered .

Archived