Nelson Mandela Dead.

I took this as a tribute thread to Mr Mandela, if people want to condemn him then I think it should be on a separate thread

I agree cressida, there's much debate to be had about Mandela and perhaps this isn't the thread for it :)

I have not read the book so can't claim what retep is saying is true, but its interesting how many pages come up in Google if you type in Mandela and 'personally signed off'.

Yeah, there are a lot of hits for that little quote aren't there?

It's still 100% false though.

What did you think of the rest of the book, out of interest? Because that's not a quote from it.

Not being on my library list i don't think anything of it, just taking the word of the person writing the article, just the same as taking yours.

Not being on my library list i don't think anything of it, just taking the word of the person writing the article, just the same as taking yours.

The significant difference is: if you check my quote, you'll find it's in the book, if you check the quote you posted, you'll find it isn't.

Some sources are more trustworthy than others.

I took this as a tribute thread to Mr Mandela, if people want to condemn him then I think it should be on a separate thread

some people can't help it, interestingly it mentions on his wiki page that members of the right see him as a terrorist, and.....some on here have shown that as exactly right

some people can't help it, interestingly it mentions on his wiki page that members of the right see him as a terrorist, and.....some on here have shown that as exactly right

If only they could take note of this:

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

They might learn something :)

If only they could take note of this:

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

They might learn something :)

Did not Martin Luther King also make a very poignant statement -

"Love thine enemy , for this is the only way that you can turn your enemy into a friend " ?

Nelson Mandela was a terrorist , but only regarded as such by those who advocate and support a diabolical , tyrannical , oppressive regime of apartheid which existed in South Africa .

Inevitably , in such a fight there will be casualties , as has been the case in many other instances where repressive powers have subjugated indigenous peoples .

Nelson Mandela fought against such a tyranny - and defeated it .

For the freedom of his people, he was a freedom fighter and, as such - he won his fight .

That is acknowledged by the whole world - despite the view of a very small minority .

He has shown the world that oppression will be defeated .

He leaves us with a legacy which everyone should heed .

Archived