Nelson Mandela Dead.

Nelson Mandela was a terrorist , but only regarded as such by those who advocate and support a diabolical , tyrannical , oppressive regime of apartheid which existed in South Africa .

Inevitably , in such a fight there will be casualties , as has been the case in many other instances where repressive powers have subjugated indigenous peoples .

Nelson Mandela fought against such a tyranny - and defeated it .

For the freedom of his people, he was a freedom fighter and, as such - he won his fight .

That is acknowledged by the whole world - despite the view of a very small minority .

He has shown the world that oppression will be defeated .

Post of the day, in my opinion.

Nelson Mandela was a terrorist , but only regarded as such by those who advocate and support a diabolical , tyrannical , oppressive regime of apartheid which existed in South Africa .

Inevitably , in such a fight there will be casualties , as has been the case in many other instances where repressive powers have subjugated indigenous peoples .

For the freedom of his people, he was a freedom fighter and, as such - he won his fight .

That is acknowledged by the whole world - despite the view of a very small minority .

He leaves us with a legacy which everyone should heed .

Well said that man!

During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities.

It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.

The closing statement in his speech, at the opening of the trial in 1964. The whole speech answers most of the questions raised on here. Anyone that believes that the man needs a defense, can read it and weep.

HERE

He leaves us with a legacy which everyone should heed .

All of the above certainly but I'd add that both the generosity and strength of spirit which allowed him to forgive and work with his former enemies was what made him utterly extraordinary.

I was going to post the same thing.

I guess it depends on how you view things in South Africa as to whether you consider him a terrorist or a freedom fighter.

As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't understand all the fuss there used to be about Nelson Mandela, but by the way he's conducted himself since he left jail he's made a believer of me and earned my respect.

Regards

Doom

not very often we agree on things but

wheres the like button?

Archived