I am disgusting. Bad. Bad bad habit I have.

Mine have been so badly bitten that the 'quick' where it should start to hurt is non existant on some nails, and skin has grown in its place and its healed up. When I do try to grow my nails they have a bump in them where they have to go over my skin in their way. My little finger nail on my left hand is currently no more than about 1.5mm long. I'm terrible!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I used to bite my nails when I was little & I played the piano & played the recorder in the orchestra at Manor Lane Junior school . My Dad & Mum came to see me play & told me afterwards that my nails looked disgusting compared to the girl next to me , who didn't bite hers . Mum bought me some revolting stuff to put on my nails & I never bit them again . Probably mainly because the fact I felt horrid that dad was so mad with the state of my nails ;)

I've bitten my nails for as long as I can remember.

I bit my thumbnail a few days ago and for the first time ever, chipped a tooth at the front.

I'm still plucking up the courage to find a dentist and get a quote - where I'm living now there's no NHS and no government health cover for dental care.

When I know more I'll re post as to whether the cost has cured me of my long standing nail nibbling habit forever :o

Archived