Was the BBC's coverage of Mandela's death over the top?

Perhaps you could point out where I've done that?

I was questioning if it was right, I did not say you had said anything, I'm just trying to get the gist of you ;)

---------- Post added 16-12-2013 at 13:49 ----------

Well if this is what they did for Mandella I'm dreading Gerry Adams dying.

I was questioning if it was right, I did not say you had said anything, I'm just trying to get the gist of you ;)
No it isn't right.

Well if this is what they did for Mandella I'm dreading Gerry Adams dying.

I was delighted to see Gerry Adams in the crowd of mourners at the funeral.

No it isn't right.

I was delighted to see Gerry Adams in the crowd of mourners at the funeral.

I bet you was,one terrorist to another isn't it,as for your point about his conviction,he was tried fairly according to law and like I said Amnesty said it was fair and that's good enough for me.

I bet you was,one terrorist to another isn't it,as for your point about his conviction,he was tried fairly according to law and like I said Amnesty said it was fair and that's good enough for me.

No its ok to condemn the white IRA folk, isn't it Mr Friday ?

Seems Im damned if I do, damned if I dont.

One poster saying I condemn the IRA because they're white folks and another saying I celebrate them because they're terrorists.

Seems Im damned if I do, damned if I dont.

One poster saying I condemn the IRA because they're white folks and another saying I celebrate them because they're terrorists.

The race of the terrorist is irrelevant,you are twisting words again as usual,just accept the fact that both those men have innocent peoples blood on their hands.

The race of the terrorist is irrelevant,you are twisting words again as usual
I didn't say it was relevant, you'll see it was another poster who introduced that angle (if you read the post).

just accept the fact that both those men have innocent peoples blood on their hands.

Unlike you Im not a pacifist and understand that innocent people are killed during conflicts against oppression.

Mr Friday seems to think that Mr Mandella was not a terrorist because he was fighting a struggle to free his people (or something down those lines), but the reality of it, and he can check the definition of terrorist if he must, is that he had innocent people killed and was a terrorist.

Now you can not stand up for a terrorist and then be taken seriously if you try have others believe your against terrorism, all terrorists will say they are fighting for their struggle, other wise they would not get out of bed in a morning.

It is true that Mr Mandella defined himself after his release by the deeds he did after, pretty much the same as Gerry Adams has, but lets not fool ourselves into believing any of these men are innocent of killing innocent people and that is a hard fact to brush under the carpet.

Mr Friday seems to think that Mr Mandella was not a terrorist because he was fighting a struggle to free his people (or something down those lines), but the reality of it, and he can check the definition of terrorist if he must, is that he had innocent people killed and was a terrorist.

I'm surprised you missed this contribution from last week, since you keep a diary of my posts-

We'd already arrived at that conclusion (assuming what's been said is true) and also discovered that terrorism isnt necessarily a bad thing.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10205308&postcount=18

---------- Post added 16-12-2013 at 23:41 ----------

any of these men are innocent of killing innocent people and that is a hard fact to brush under the carpet.

You are aware Mandela was in prison for nearly 30 years and was never tried or convicted of killing anyone?

Now you can not stand up for a terrorist and then be taken seriously if you try have others believe your against terrorism, all terrorists will say they are fighting for their struggle, other wise they would not get out of bed in a morning.

It is true that Mr Mandella defined himself after his release by the deeds he did after, pretty much the same as Gerry Adams has, but lets not fool ourselves into believing any of these men are innocent of killing innocent people and that is a hard fact to brush under the carpet.[/quote]

Some people seem to have Little problem with altering the facts of history,they have no shame in supporting killing innocents.

Archived