Was the BBC's coverage of Mandela's death over the top?

I'd never heard of Nelson Mandela until he died yesterday. I'm so glad the BBC devoted the whole evening on both its' main channels to bringing p to speed on who he was and what he did.

I wonder what they'll have tonight 'Breaking News: Mandela Still Dead. We go over live to see what Wayne Rooney thinks about it.'

I like that you credit Rooney with the capacity to think, s'very funny.

If Mandela had plotted to kill P W Botha he would have been executed!

---------- Post added 06-12-2013 at 21:44 ----------

From your own link -

''Du Toit had authored a blueprint for revolution intended to evict black people from most of South Africa and to kill anyone who got in the way, the South African Press Association reports.''

Wonder if the second 't' is silent.

From your own link -

''Du Toit had authored a blueprint for revolution intended to evict black people from most of South Africa and to kill anyone who got in the way, the South African Press Association reports.''

If you think that's morally equivalent to ending the apartheid regime and allowing democracy, you're a sick puppy.

Just pointing out an equivalent terrorist, if you think planting bombs and killing people then praising the ones who were responsible, then you are the sick puppy.

Just pointing out an equivalent terrorist, if you think planting bombs and killing people then praising the ones who were responsible, then you are the sick puppy.

So how do you feel about the bombs the British forces have employed over the years they've been involved in conflict, do you think there's any moral equivalence between that and what Mandela did or Du Toit for that matter?

There's no moral equivalence there at all. De Toit was an evil man; Mandela was a good man.

Archived