Was the BBC's coverage of Mandela's death over the top?

Well i take back what i said before. Now its taking the ****. Hes dead!! He aint getting any deader so why the wall to wall news?

By the way id be well hacked off if i lived by the coast and just lost everything only to turn on the news (at a friends house cos ive just lost everything) to see them banging on about a dead man. Again!!

ah, yes, the old "good day to bury bad news" scenario! lol

I don't understand this, I thought Nigella was defending herself from her husband's allegations and wouldn't want her side of the story drowned out.

When is Ariel Sharon going to die? He's been technically dead for 8 years, but on a life support machine.

What i want to know is, what do all those people in the new BBC news studio actually do ?

There seems to be hundreds of people "working" there, but they seem to be fixated on only 2 or 3 high profile stories !

Probably checking that their names not on the Operation Yewtree list

I think so, it wasn't exactly a surprise was it?

I feel quite bad that I was like...I was getting fed up of the fact he kept appearing in the news almost dead.

Like every other day Mandela would be on BBC with people saying he was on his last legs, after a while it becomes, for want of a better word...boring.

I didn't mind the coverage. There were some very good documentaries on that I'm sure would have been watched with great interest by many.

The news about Nelson Mandela will have been reported extensively though out the world, and will be in the forthcoming days until after the funeral.

We never get to hear everything that's happening worldwide anyway.

When a world icon dies, all other news is put on the back burner. Remember when Diana Princess of wales was tragically killed in Paris, it was everywhere. However, how many people remember that Mother Theresa also died on the same day. Who rembers that media coverage.

Archived