War hero's benefits axed - because he was selling POPPIES !

It's disgusting imo, your opinion is obviously different, so we'll have to agree to disagree. :)

Fair enough. I would like to ask you if you would still feel disgusted if the charity wasn't the British Legion, but was to help pedophiles?

I imagine your answer will be no, so I will ask the next question straight away. Who should decide which charities are on the "good list" and which aren't?

War hero's benefits axed - because he was selling POPPIES

That's more than a bit dishonest. JSA is stopped if someone fails to adhere to the rules. In this case JCP decided he hadn't been doing enough to look for work. The article said he collected for poppies for 24 hours in 2 weeks which begs the question about what he was doing all the rest of the time. It reads like he was sanctioned solely because he wasn't looking for work and the poppy collection is a red herring and irrelevant. If he'd spent the same 24 hours down the pub without looking for work he wouldn't be getting the sympathy.

Me included,he was not seeking work end off.

---------- Post added 06-12-2013 at 20:15 ----------

You mean the madness of paying job seekers alowance to people not seeking work, hope it is sooner rather than later.

Run along Troll, end off

Fair enough. I would like to ask you if you would still feel disgusted if the charity wasn't the British Legion, but was to help pedophiles?

I imagine your answer will be no, so I will ask the next question straight away. Who should decide which charities are on the "good list" and which aren't?

The only answer i can offer is what type of person would force this suffering on him when he's obviously doing something for a good cause rather than sat on his arse at home doing nothing ?

The morality would be down to the individual case worker?, and i doubt there's many paedo sympathisers working for the DWP?.

There is no good list. The rule is that he has to look for work. If he doesn't it's irrelevant what else he does. He will be sanctioned.

Run along Troll, end off

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"

"Run along troll" is certainly an off topic comment.

There is no good list. The rule is that he has to look for work. If he doesn't it's irrelevant what else he does. He will be sanctioned.

that, its not that its for a charity, its not cos its for a certain charity, sadly its the DWPs rules and has been for a long time, even when i was dole skum, that was a long while ago now

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"

This forum is for Sheffielders to voice their thoughts on many topics ,as a hard working tax paying member i object to people i see as free loaders leeching off the rest of us.

Thanks for the lesson !

"Sowing arguments or upsetting people" seems to be the purpose of some people on here. Are you one of them ?

Archived