War hero's benefits axed - because he was selling POPPIES !

He used an analogy using polar opposites to prove a point. It made very good sense. You are just being obtuse

Poor analogy comparing paedos with war heroes. Too sensitive. Obtuse ? Depends whether you mean "blunt" or talking about a "triangle", or should I take that as an insult ?

He will have been told about the rules. Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law.

Sorry officer, I didn't know drinking and driving was against the law. Oh that's alright then Sir: on your way

It's a rare old day that I agree with you Ron, but today is one of those days.

I think you have missed the point.

If the gentleman had been searching for a job all the working days apart from the 24 hours he was selling poppies then I don't imagine that he would have been sanctioned.

I suspect (thats all any of us can do because the article is hardly balanced or informative) that the gentleman did not search for a job during the two week period and did this instead.

I imagine it was the lack of action whilst not selling poppies that was the problem.

He could have got sanctioned if he was out collecting and the Job centre tried to contact him. Think the rule is you have to be available, like to go for interviews etc... So if he'd been phoned up about a job and missed the interview or something because he was unavailable doing something else then the sanction would be understandable.

Hard to say though. We need the full story really.

RJ whilst that is correct it also applies to the DWP and there is also a chance they have misinterpreted as well. A lot of them get things wrong.

Slugger you sound really young because you certainly show no understanding of charmers point.

Highly unlikely I1L2T3. He only has to seek work as per his agreement.

RJ whilst that is correct it also applies to the DWP and there is also a chance they have misinterpreted as well. A lot of them get things wrong.

Slugger you sound really young because you certainly show no understanding of charmers point.

Highly unlikely I1L2T3. He only has to seek work as per his agreement.

The analogy really gets to my head ! Why someone would come up with such extreme opposites is beyond me. But obviously I missed the point. I'm very patriotic. Peados and war veterans don't mix verywell in my head.

The analogy really gets to my head ! Why someone would come up with such extreme opposites is beyond me. But obviously I missed the point. I'm very patriotic. Peados and war veterans don't mix verywell in my head.

The point is the charity is irrelevant and he was showing you how it was influencing your judgment when it should not have been.

Archived