Overlooked Mandella's opinions on the USA and Israel

Well, thank you very much. I'm honoured. Any comments on the other points? You remember tax contribution & Law & Order in Iraq?

---------- Post added 11-12-2013 at 23:22 ----------

Never said the American system is perfect, just better than ours. Ours is so crap I have stopped voting. Lived in the same house for 32 years & the same party has been returned every time. What's the point?

Anyway, this student radical thing, Do you think I should give it a go? Never taken drugs ( apart from prescription ) booze is my preferred poison - probably the Irish connection :) - could give Mary Jane a go I suppose. Have to be in cakes though, never smoked.

Still have a full head of hair ( grey/white ) could do that ponytail thing & grow a beard maybe. Although last time I had a beard, in the 70's I thought I looked like Tom Selleck the wife thought I looked like Peter Sutcliffe, so maybe not. :(

Go the whole hog. Bandana, bong, peace signs, free love, MJ, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, love beads. You'd be a big hit in Haight-Ashbury, Frisco. You would be on your own these days mind you but you'd get hugs with tears of joy and nostalgia from many who remember the days there. Why you might even find a job with the city's department of tourism. I can imagine the young uns looking at you and saying "hey grandad was it really like that back in the 60s"?

Well, thank you very much. I'm honoured. Any comments on the other points? You remember tax contribution & Law & Order in Iraq?

I tend to stop reading when members start claiming I have said things that I haven't say.

So this put me off reading the rest of the post.

Originally Posted by mjw47 View Post

You appear to be suffering under a certain misconception. You appear to believe that anyone who holds a differing view to you must debate precisely as you wish them to.

I tend to stop reading when members start claiming I have said things that I haven't say.

So this put me off reading the rest of the post.

No it didn't you little tinker :). You just realized that you hadn't thought it through before posting & had no answer. :D

No it didn't you little tinker :). You just realized that you hadn't thought it through before posting & had no answer. :D

I can assure you that once people get personal I stop reading, I have no idea what else was in your post after the bit I quoted. :thumbsup:

What precisely did I say you said which you didn't?

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 10:53 ----------

I'm happy that you now accept that predicting alternative realities is just fantasy, at least now you might think twice before doing it again when trying to support your stance.

You don't like it when posts get personal? Well as it happens I am none too keen on posters who adopt a condescending attitude as displayed above.

As to not reading past a certain point, sorry not credible. Unless of course you lack the one basic necessity for learning, curiosity.

The Anglo-Zulu war of 1879? Ghandi was 10. :hihi:

I think 10 would be about your mental age ,try researching things just a little before you start posting halfwitted statements like that .

qoute/

In 1906, when the British declared war against the Zulu Kingdom in Natal, Gandhi encouraged the British to recruit Indians.[54] He argued that Indians should support the war efforts to legitimise their claims to full citizenship.[54] The British accepted Gandhi's offer to let a detachment of 20 Indians volunteer as a stretcher-bearer corps to treat wounded British soldiers. This corps was commanded by Gandhi and operated for less than two months.[55] The experience taught him it was hopeless to directly challenge the overwhelming military power of the British army—he decided it could only be resisted in nonviolent fashion by the pure of heart.[56]

After the black majority came to power in South Africa, Gandhi was proclaimed a national hero with numerous monuments.[57]

You don't like it when posts get personal? Well as it happens I am none too keen on posters who adopt a condescending attitude as displayed above.

As to not reading past a certain point, sorry not credible. Unless of course you lack the one basic necessity for learning, curiosity.

So you like to dish it out, but can't take it back, and if you don't like posts like that then stop posting posts like that.

Why would I be curious about the remainder of someones obnoxious post.

So you like to dish it out, but can't take it back, and if you don't like posts like that then stop posting posts like that.

Why would I be curious about the remainder of someones obnoxious post.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Brilliant. You are quite obviously the one who can't take it. What a mardy character you are. :D

Obnoxious post? You write a condescending post about 'being happy that you now accept' & ' at least now you might think twice' to which I reply in kind & you proceed to act like a child.

Seriously mate, you are far too thin skinned for this type of debate.

I think 10 would be about your mental age ,try researching things just a little before you start posting halfwitted statements like that .

qoute/

In 1906, when the British declared war against the Zulu Kingdom in Natal, Gandhi encouraged the British to recruit Indians.[54] He argued that Indians should support the war efforts to legitimise their claims to full citizenship.[54] The British accepted Gandhi's offer to let a detachment of 20 Indians volunteer as a stretcher-bearer corps to treat wounded British soldiers. This corps was commanded by Gandhi and operated for less than two months.[55] The experience taught him it was hopeless to directly challenge the overwhelming military power of the British army—he decided it could only be resisted in nonviolent fashion by the pure of heart.[56]

After the black majority came to power in South Africa, Gandhi was proclaimed a national hero with numerous monuments.[57]

Quite clearly, as the smiley indicated, I was joking! :loopy:

Second, learn to spell the word 'quote' before proving your ''half-witted'' idiocy and ''mental age of ten''? Your past posts only highlight your lack of humour and also of your illiteracy. Good luck with the remedial class.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Brilliant. You are quite obviously the one who can't take it. What a mardy character you are. :D

Obnoxious post? You write a condescending post about 'being happy that you now accept' & ' at least now you might think twice' to which I reply in kind & you proceed to act like a child.

Seriously mate, you are far too thin skinned for this type of debate.

Your obnoxious post was before the post you think was condescending.

Archived