Motorbike shop in Sheffield 1980's - Please help!

MissMadey

Hello all!

I'm trying to find out some details about a shop that my Dad used to own in Sheffield in the early 80's. It was called Dave's Motorcycles and it was on Gibraltar Street.

My Dad is turning 50 and I'm hoping to find an old photo of the place. I've been told that there is a shop in Sheffield that sell old photos and bits like that but I have no idea what it is called. Any ideas?

Any help whatsoever would be massively appreciated.

Ta x

Hello MissMadey

I have a vague memory of a bike shop in one of the now derelict shops on Gibraltar Street opposite the Shakespeare Pub. It must have been one of the few shops I never set foot in.

Would this sound about right for your Dad's old shop?

The Star and Telegraph have a good database of City Centre Photo's, also with it being a bike shop it may be worth asking around some of the older local bikers.

We love to take photo's of us sat on other people's bikes!

I hope you have success in your search.

Regards

David D

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply. I will with get in touch with The Star and Telegraph straight away. No luck with anything as yet, but will put out more feelers.

Opposite the Shakespeare sounds about right. Thanks again for your help.

Merry Christmas!

Have you had a look on here?http://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?&searchterms=gibraltar+street&action=search&keywords=Ref_No_increment%2CTitle%2CLocation%2CFurther_Information%2CKeywords%3BMATCHES%3B%28%5E%7C%5B%5Ea-zA-Z%5D%29gibraltar%28%24%7C%5B%5Ea-zA-Z%5D%29%3BAND%3BRef_No_increment%2CTitle%2CLocation%2CFurther_Information%2CKeywords%3BMATCHES%3B%28%5E%7C%5B%5Ea-zA-Z%5D%29street%28%24%7C%5B%5Ea-zA-Z%5D%29%3B&page=1

Archived