Who do I complain to? - Taxi Driver

I wish to make a complaint about a taxi driver on Friday night...

I have all his details (cab number etc) but there was no company logo on the cab anywhere, only the standard "Sheffield City Council" registration thing with his photo and cab number...

Surely if you have his cab bynber then you contact the people below.

They can tell you the company if you wish to complain to the employers. Not having his company may be an offence? How did you get the taxi as you are meant to ring them rather than be picked up off the street unless it was a black cab?

More serious is complaining to the licensing people.

Contact details for Sheffield's licencing teams.

Taxis and Private Hire

Details of taxi and private hire licensing.

Telephone us on 0114 273 4005 or 0114 273 4690.

Email: taxi.licensing@sheffield.gov.uk

Online feedback form

Fax: 0114 273 4073

I have all his details (cab number etc) but there was no company logo on the cab anywhere, only the standard "Sheffield City Council" registration thing with his photo and cab number...

Taxi badges are issued by the council, so maybe the council is a good place to make your complaint, whether they will be interested will depend on the nature of your complaint.

All the contact details for the licencing dept in SCC are here: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/business-economy/licensing/general-licensing/contact-the-licensing-section.html

Good luck, but I feel you'll be wasting your time. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen them doing illegal turns and going through no entries. They seem to be a law to themselves. Far too many taxis in Sheffield now too.

I once made a complaint about a MetroCab that nearly knocked a pedestrian over, had one non-operational rear door, no working rear seatbelts and wasn't being driven by the badge holder.

The council rang me back, said they'd spoken to "the driver's brother" and none of it was correct - perhaps I was mistaken.

Your mileage may vary.

Archived