Nudity in Club Advertising - opinions?

geckoqueen

if u see someone drooling whilst looking at your breasts, it will probably be me

In which case please don't be offended if I am the one pointing you out to the bar or door staff, complaining of harrassment.

I'm glad that despite the above comment, you do actually understand the point I am trying to make. This gives me hope.

In which case please don't be offended if I am the one pointing you out to the bar or door staff, complaining of harrassment.

I'm glad that despite the above comment, you do actually understand the point I am trying to make. This gives me hope.

i do understand fully your predicament, i would hate to be good looking with a good figure/physique haivng people looking at me all the time.thats why i go out of my way to look pug ugly & dress like val doonican.

i do feel that a claim of harrassent is unjustified as we could always claim incitement or encouragement.

although it is only a defence i do think that if ladies or guys don't want ogling then they shouldn't wear the stuff they do.unfortunately it does scream" look me aren't i gorgeous" to everybody else.if you dont want anyone to see them cover them up.

why do people advertise they have an ipod by wearing it in the street,'cos they're proud & want us to know, same theory really.

i do still agree that the use of unecessary & superficial "sex" is a waste of time & has little impact on people over a certain age - it is usually aimed at the younger more encouragable age groups hence the club flyer. you'll never see it used for Grab a Granny nights.

No but there is against sexual harrassment! Lookings one thing, I wouldn't have a problem with you scanning the room occasionally (we probably all do that), but I would consider gawping slack jawed at my breasts to be harrassment and any good establishment would kindly ask you decist or leave. There is obviously middle ground here that I shall leave to your sense of etiquette.

unfortunately (for you) and fortunately for everyone with eyes, the law does not consider looking at someone, no matter how it is done or for how long to be harrasment.

If you don't want people looking at flesh, don't put the flesh on display.

I can imagine the response of most bouncers to you telling them you want some guy thrown out because he looked at your breasts :huh:

I can imagine the response of most bouncers to you telling them you want some guy thrown out because he looked at your breasts :huh:

I know pretty much what the door staff would say to be honest and no offence Geckoqueen in this instance it wouldn't be in your favour.

I mean sure there are degrees of people just stood there ogling (maybe even drooling) over a womans chest which would prompt me to have a word in that persons ear if I were the door staff. If you're talking they're at a distance and looking at the ladies chest on occasions it would just be a "put a crdigan on then" type of response.

I have thrown someone out of a venue (who turned out to be a former SF member... no names mentioned) because he was handing out his flyers to his "questionable" magazine and taking sneaky pictures of womens cleavage without their permission. However that is a different scenario.

Like I say it would wholeheartedly depend on the circumstances.

As far as geckoqueen is concerned tho, the use of semi naked images in advertising club nights where alcohol is served would be now illegal.

the legislation didn't sound that clear to me.

Until it's been tested in the courts i'd guess that some clubs will skirt close to the line of the law and rely on a solicitor to argue for them if they ever get prosecuted.

A Manchester club night (no names mentioned) did in fact get prosecuted for that very offence.

I wouldn't like to be the one to test it again.... we had one of our flyers pulled when we spoke to a council rep regarding the laws due to it's nature and it wasn't even revealing.

However... not up to me to change your mind :roll:

Archived