Branches etc need disposing of

Ak86Roth

Hi!

Due to the strong winds this week, our back-garden tree partially came down and we've begun the process of dismantling it. There is alot of waste from that dismantling.

It's just lying around atm and would be great if there is an organisation that might be able to pick up these branches etc and dispose of it?

I've tried to break some of the smaller branches down and put into our green bin alongside any leaves etc but there are more bigger branches that won't disappear!

I don't know what would be done from an environmental side of things, recycling plants for these types of waste?

Not an expert, as you can see!

Advice appreciated.

My first thoughts are get a bow saw (they are very sharp, not expensive and easy to use-like a hot knife through butter) and cut the thicker parts in to manageble size lengths. Then, either offer them on here as free logs, or take them to the dump site.

• 1 month later...

just cut it into 2ft lenghs and stack in the corners of your garden, or just lay them under bushes on bare soil and they will rot down and the insect life will hide under them for winter, you could put the odd one in you bin every week, but better to just let them rot

Archived