Help! I think I hate Christmas!

For me, I'd really prefer not to receive any presents, and do without the fuss of buying for everyone. So long as all my family and friends are happy though; and that's the thing, would they be happy without receiving a gift?

Simple - make something for them.

Doesn't need to be expensive, time consuming or complicated, just something you've put a little bit of your own time into making and unless your friends / family are complete capitalist slaves, I'm sure they'll be more than happy with it.

Think a large part of that is people just arent religious any more and its been replaced by consumerism.

I think you're probably right.

Maybe we should just revert to the pagan midwinter celebration of feasting with family and friends to brighten up the long dark winter.

Personally, I think adults should give the money that would be spent on (useless) presents to charity. And kids shouldn't expect so much.

I have no real fondness for Christmas and haven't since I was a child. If it were up to me I wouldn't celebrate it at all but we have 2 kids, one who still believes in Santa Claus so its fairly mandatory. As luck would have it, my girls will be with their Dad most of Christmas this year so I only have to deal with the decorations littering my house. Can't wait for it to be over already.

What don't I like about Christmas? The music, By the time I've been told about Rudolph eight thousand times I've had enough. TV, Frosty the gd snowman, It's a wonderful life, A Christmas Carol. We get normal programming after 9PM, old shows not worth the trouble and warning that they may be too adult for your little ones. I don't have any little ones, my ex little ones have their own little ones who can watch whatever they want but not in my house. Apart from that I love it.

What don't I like about Christmas? The music, By the time I've been told about Rudolph eight thousand times I've had enough. TV, Frosty the gd snowman, It's a wonderful life, A Christmas Carol.

Maybe

will cheer you up. ;)

Archived