Think before you drink .. Coke or Pepsi

What? Yet another person moaning about Coke? Surely not.

I love quotes like this too:

Coca-Cola and Pepsi are turning a blind eye to poor people 'violently evicted' from their homes to feed the world's sweet tooth, a charity claims.

No link and no named charity, so they may as well have written:

a random quote found on the internet claims.

It is a somewhat exaggerated account I feel (particularly the "what coke does to you" section). I'm sure coca cola are perfectly capable of persecuting innocent people and of trying to cynically take control of our water supplies but the above website does nothing to highlight their sins and only makes itself look stupid.

OK cynics - does this help?

and this is the article in full (Oxfam is the Charity complaining!):

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/02/coca-cola-and-pepsis-thirst-for-sugar-helping-drive-hundreds-out-of-their-homes-4130703/

Videos on health issue - will have to watch these myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSxNNCHPsa8&feature=player_embedded

And on a wider issue (including Rumsfeld's Aspartame):

OK cynics - does this help?

The Radio 4 Face The Facts programme investigated a Coca-Cola plant in Kerala, India. As well as taking so much water from the local aquifer that local farmers in the predominantly rural area had trouble grown their crops, they disposed of their waste by claiming it was a good fertilizer and getting the farmers to put it on their fields. It actually had no use as a fertilizer but did contain high levels of cadmium, lead and other toxins. Details of the original report and a follow up.

The Radio 4 Face The Facts programme investigated a Coca-Cola plant in Kerala, India. As well as taking so much water from the local aquifer that local farmers in the predominantly rural area had trouble grown their crops, they disposed of their waste by claiming it was a good fertilizer and getting the farmers to put it on their fields. It actually had no use as a fertilizer but did contain high levels of cadmium, lead and other toxins. Details of the original report and a follow up.

That report is over 10 years old.

doesn't stop me from drinking it.

how many people stopped using starbucks because they weren't paying taxes? or stopped shopping at primark because it is alleged they use factories that employ children to make their clothes for a pittance?

I did. And I won't go anywhere near Coke or any of its other brands such as Fanta.

Archived