Sainburys checkout

Is anyone else fed up with the time it takes to get through supermarket checkouts. In sainsbury yesterday afternoon I was behind one woman. After waiting ten minutes I switched to another checkout which again took ages to put through goods for one person in front of me. I would happily forgo the coupons and loyalty cards to make things quicker. I sometimes use the self service checkouts but they rarely turn out to be quicker and I end up having to wait for staff to attend and buying booze and a kitchen knife I knew it would not be a smooth transaction. My main shopping is at Aldi which is quick but they don't stock everything I want. Maybe home delivery is the answer for my sanity:help:

In the not too distant future there will be face reading software built into self-service terminals. The software will look at your face to determine whether you are an adult when buying restricted products.

I wouldn't use it because you don't know if they would store what is effectively biometric data, i.e. a scan of your face. But I bet many people will just to get through the till quicker. Would you use that facility?

Archived