Is homophobia genetic?

Then theres no issue, homophobnes dislike homosexuals because of their sexuality, not their opinions. I would go one step further homophobes might like the person, but hate their sexuality. Their aversion could be towards the act of gay affection, rather than the person.

In your opinion it does and in my opinion it doesn't, get over it.

There is no point in me explaining agian because you are to bigoted to accept my explanation.

First sensible thing you have said, everyone will make their own minds up.

I keep giving you the same answer but you are too bigoted to except my opinion.

Disagreeing with an opinion is not bigotry. Nobody is denying you the right to have an opinion. But equally we all have the right to the opinion that you're wrong.

Everyone, no matter whether acting on their opinions means hurting other people?

Or are they simply entitled to the opinion so long as they don't act on it or let it affect their behaviour in any way?

No one is entitled to brake the law, so as long as acting on ones opinions doesn't brake the law, there shouldn't be an issue.

---------- Post added 15-12-2013 at 20:01 ----------

Disagreeing with an opinion is not bigotry. Nobody is denying you the right to have an opinion. But equally we all have the right to the opinion that you're wrong.

I agree. :)

Then theres no issue, homophobnes dislike homosexuals because of their sexuality not their opinions.

I haven't claimed anything contrary to this, which you know full well

I would go one step further homophobes

might like the person, but hate their sexuality. Their aversion could be towards the act of gay affection, rather than the person.

Then, by definition, you would be wrong...

Homophobia;

-an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexual people.

In your opinion it does and in my opinion it doesn't, get over it.

I accept that that's your opinion, you appeared to state it in a manner of fact though. I'm just asking why you think it doesn't (get over it)

There is no point in me explaining agian because you are to bigoted to accept my explanation.
...and there it is!

I wonder how many of us weren't expecting that response?

I keep giving you the same answer but you are too bigoted to except my opinion.
...or that one!

You haven't given an answer at all, you just keep changing my wording and giving an answer to your versions of it.

No one is entitled to brake the law, so as long as acting on ones opinions doesn't brake the law, there shouldn't be an issue.

---------- Post added 15-12-2013 at 20:01 ----------

I agree. :)

Lots of opinions don't break the law, but are either wrong or morally offensive.

And before you say it, yes an opinion can indeed be wrong when it's on anything objective and not subjective.

Would you describe somebody holding the idea of male-on-male sexual acts being acceptable as an opinion of that person?

Would you equally describe somebody holding the idea that male-on-male sexual acts are unacceptable as an opinion of that person?

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions.
So you would describe those ideas as opinions?

No reply Angos?

I haven't claimed anything contrary to this, which you know full well

Then, by definition, you would be wrong...

So basically if someone as an aversion to gay sex, hates the thought of gay sex, thinks gay sex is a sin, but doesn't hate gay people then by definition they are not homophobic.

I accept that that's your opinion, you appeared to state it in a manner of fact though. I'm just asking why you think it doesn't (get over it)

...and there it is!

I wonder how many of us weren't expecting that response?...or that one!

You haven't given an answer at all, you just keep changing my wording and giving an answer to your versions of it.

That a bit of a contradiction.

So I've answered and you can't accept the answer, why does that not surprise me.

---------- Post added 15-12-2013 at 20:20 ----------

Lots of opinions don't break the law, but are either wrong or morally offensive.

And before you say it, yes an opinion can indeed be wrong when it's on anything objective and not subjective.

Who decides what is morally acceptable?

---------- Post added 15-12-2013 at 20:20 ----------

No reply Angos?

I did reply.

On a personal level, we decide for ourselves, but I suspect we all know most of the time what is socially considered to be moral.

You keep answering a question different to the one he asks.

Someone can have the feelings you describe (although I'd suggest that they should really consider why), so long as they accept other peoples rights to hold a different opinion and don't try to tell other people how to behave without being overtly homophobic. If they honestly believe that homosexuality is a sin though, I suspect they'd find it very difficult to not attempt to tell other people what to do. And so their homophobia becomes overt.

On a personal level, we decide for ourselves, but I suspect we all know most of the time what is socially considered to be moral.

You keep answering a question different to the one he asks.

So do you not think everyone is entitled to an opinion?

Do you ever think your opinion is superior to the opinions of others?

And are you ever intolerant of someone because of their opinion?

Yes, but not to the question I asked.

Shall I try again? I'll make it a simple yes/no answer for you.

Is it a person's opinion if they believe male-on-male sexual relationships are acceptable?

Just get to the punch line, before it eats you up.

Archived