Is homophobia genetic?

I'm a very tolerant person, but I don't tolerate bigots.

No. You are a bigot who cannot tolerate anyone who doesn't agree with you very jaundiced view of reality.

---------- Post added 10-12-2013 at 23:35 ----------

That would be the fact that you show intolerance towards those who hold different opinions to yourself. :thumbsup:

That sums it up for me..

That would be the fact that you show intolerance towards those who hold different opinions to yourself.

No. You are a bigot who cannot tolerate anyone who doesn't agree with you very jaundiced view of reality.

The only views I'm intolerant of are those espoused by racists, homophobes and sexists.

Is it your position that racist, sexist and homophobic views should be welcomed and remain unchallenged?

The only views I'm intolerant of are those espoused by racists, homophobes and sexists.

You become the bigot when you think your opinion is superior to the opinions of others and demonstrate intolerance towards the them for holding that different opinion.

Your posting history clearly puts you into this category. :)

You become the bigot when you think your opinion is superior to the opinions of others and demonstrate intolerance towards the them for holding that different opinion.

Your posting history clearly puts you into this category. :)

I disagree.

bigoted

ˈbɪgətɪd/Submit

adjective

having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

prejudice

ˈprɛdʒʊdɪs/Submit

noun

preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

A dislike of bigots and bigotry that is based on reason and/or actual experience is not a prejudice and thus is not bigotry.

We all believe that our own opinions are correct and that differing opinions are wrong. That's the nature of having an opinion. There is no bigotry in challenging someone who's opinion is bigoted though, or in believing that a more tolerant attitude towards others is superior.

We all believe that our own opinions are correct and that differing opinions are wrong.

No we don't, only a bigot would think such a thing, ;) most people accept that different people have different opinions, and that opinions are neither correct or wrong.

Opinion.

a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:

Archived