Blades ground 2010

tazz

and the north, well, with all that "if you dont bounce" crap, it may soon fall

TIMMMBBBEEEERRRRRR

Oh well you'd never get that at the Lane would yer, fans creating some atmosphere. All the stands at the Lane are safe as houses in that respect. Although the low frequencys created by the fans grumbling and moaning at certain players might cause a few cracks in the foundations, i'd be worried about that if i was you. Could be as you'd say 'a disaster waiting to happen'

I've been going to Bramall Lane for years, as have most of my family, and been to grounds all over the country.

Under no circumstances would I decribe ANY part of Bramall Lane as excellent.

It's not bad, and it's better than quite a lot of the sheds I've been to in the league, but it's far from great. The planned improvements are welcome, but it's never going to be a top ground is it?

Hillsborough looks a mess and isn't exactly state of the art, but it's hardly an accident waiting to happen either.

lets see how weds built there kop, oh i know just chuck some seats in from the terraces.

the away end is awful (you ever sat there, cause i think you should)

and the north, well, with all that "if you dont bounce" crap, it may soon fall

TIMMMBBBEEEERRRRRR

as with united ground, the family enclosure is an excellent stand, the corner stand too. we are building another new corner stand, and the kop will be replaced with in 2 years. leaving us with 2 "old" stands, the south which is still a very nice stand even though build 30 years ago. and also our beloved away stand, in which a lot of blades would love to sit on there, the upper tier on our away stand is probably the best seats in any ground in our league

If the condition of OUR ground is of such concern to you Robbie,then why do you go there as often as you do?Surely,if you believe that nonsense your spouting,your taking your life in your own hands everytime you visit?....

If the condition of OUR ground is of such concern to you Robbie,then why do you go there as often as you do?Surely,if you believe that nonsense your spouting,your taking your life in your own hands everytime you visit?....

i sit on the south stand when i frequent to the sty.......

and i only go to about 3 owls games per season, and thats with my brother on day drinking sessions

as for agent ****, why should our ground be a top ground?? what really is there to stop it being so? it cant be that bad if away fans have voted in to the top 3 from the league clubs can it now?

i sit on the south stand when i frequent to the sty.......

and i only go to about 3 owls games per season, and thats with my brother on day drinking sessions

as for agent ****, why should our ground be a top ground?? what really is there to stop it being so? it cant be that bad if away fans have voted in to the top 3 from the league clubs can it now?

So,what your saying then is that you've no actual first hand experience of the kop or the North stand at all,other than having seen it from the away end/south stand?Wow Robbie,you must have some eyes to be able to make such telling assesments of the structural state of Hillsborough from such a distance..:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

So,what your saying then is that you've no actual first hand experience of the kop or the North stand at all,other than having seen it from the away end/south stand?Wow Robbie,you must have some eyes to be able to make such telling assesments of the structural state of Hillsborough from such a distance..:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

have been on both previously yes, and would never go on them again.

have been on both previously yes, and would never go on them again.

:yawn: Well,I figured thats what you would say.

Despite your,ahem "expert" appraisal of the structural condition of Hillsborough,Im sure when it comes to gaining the necessary safety certificates for the stadium,SWFC rely on someone rather better qualified for the job than an opinionated Blades fan with a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove:rolleyes:

I'm surprised it's been voted one of the best grounds, but that aside, football stadiums are hardly an architects wet dream. I've seen loads of buildings where where I've thought; "wow, that's incredible", but not one of them has been a football stadium.

I'm surprised it's been voted one of the best grounds, but that aside, football stadiums are hardly an architects wet dream. I've seen loads of buildings where where I've thought; "wow, that's incredible", but not one of them has been a football stadium.

football grounds are a totally different kettle of fish than a normal building though

yeah i agree i love the blades but bramall lane is by no means a brilliant ground all to roofing as at different heights and angles so it's always gonna look a mess. although that said improvments to the kop will be more than welcome especially if they get rid of those great big white poles that block the veiw of everything thets happening in the kopend corners.

Archived