Happy materialistic Christmas?

Wise words, and same here.

We save/budget throughout the year for it, and I keep a spreadsheet for the purpose (:blush:), so we know who to get what for how much.

I'm aware that makes it a bit cold and 'by-the-numbers', admittedly...but then we have a lot to buy for, and it's anything but a chore.

Some years, if either of use has enough spare time, we'll handcraft presents instead or as well as. I've done several paintings for family and friends, and my Mrs has knitted miles and miles of wool into stuff over the years. e.g. this year, 10 'reindeer' Christmas hats for family & friends when we all went to pick our Xmas trees as a group.

I salute you and your wife for being creative! Nowt finer than a lot of time and effort put in and appreciated by others.

My mother is the same,very creative and a tad eccentric.

A few xmases ago (as a joke) she knitted a couple of willy-warmers for my 2 sisters fellas as gifts.(I don't think she spent much on wool:P)

Late evening on xmas day mum n dad were settled watching tv,when they heard tapping on the back garden window. Now, this rather unsettled them because their garden fence is about 8feet high!

Anyhow,mum instructed dad to investigate.He cautiously crept to the curtain and pulled them apart and there they were my sisters fellas wearing just the willy warmers and drunk as skunks.:hihi:

I bet they looked a sight! It's a good 20 minutes jog through the estate to get to my parents house..

We save/budget throughout the year for it, and I keep a spreadsheet for the purpose (:blush:), so we know who to get what for how much.

I'm aware that makes it a bit cold and 'by-the-numbers', admittedly...but then we have a lot to buy for, and it's anything but a chore.

Some years, if either of use has enough spare time, we'll handcraft presents instead or as well as. I've done several paintings for family and friends, and my Mrs has knitted miles and miles of wool into stuff over the years. e.g. this year, 10 'reindeer' Christmas hats for family & friends when we all went to pick our Xmas trees as a group.

I'm going down the painting route again this year. Last year I did fourteen watercolours for immediate family (took bloody ages!). :gag:

Right now, I'm putting the finishing touches to an oil painting that I've been working on for about three months pretty much solidly ... hoping the paint will dry and can get it to the printers on time (please, please, pleeeze! :help:).

Fortunately, I have a couple of emergency back up paintings just in case ... the problem being that everyone's seen them. :roll:

Ahh, I think that's lovely.

---------- Post added 11-12-2013 at 16:40 ----------

I'm going down the painting route again this year. Last year I did fourteen watercolours for immediate family (took bloody ages!). :gag:

Right now, I'm putting the finishing touches to an oil painting that I've been working on for about three months pretty much solidly ... hoping the paint will dry and can get it to the printers on time (please, please, pleeeze! :help:).

Fortunately, I have a couple of emergency back up paintings just in case ... the problem being that everyone's seen them. :roll:

And so's that.

Archived