Mandela Service Imposter

I rarely contribute to threads of this nature because we all know what happens next...

...the same posters churning out the same old rubbish (on both sides).

I do find it hypocritical though that some people think this is 'funny', when I'm sure we all know that those same posters would have taken a different stance if the 'interpreter' had been of a different colour.

I can't understand where you're coming from with this, I don't see a racial dimension to this story at all.

I was watching this guy yesterday.......for some reason,when there is somebody translating into sign language on the TV,I am almost mesmerised by the persons hand movements and expressions,and I like to watch wht the movement is for a particular word that the speaker is saying,and i noticed that when 'woman' was said,this guy made a hand movement like a pair of breasts in front of his chest............now i have no idea if that is correct for 'woman'........but it seems some people who know sign language could not understand.

Derek Acorah has been charged with careless driving and failure to supply a specimen of breath for analysis after his sports car was involved in a collision.

The one time spirits would have actually shown up and he fails to deliver...

and on top of all that.. you'd have thought he of all people would have seen that coming!!!

---------- Post added 11-12-2013 at 17:05 ----------

I was watching this guy yesterday.......for some reason,when there is somebody translating into sign language on the TV,I am almost mesmerised by the persons hand movements and expressions,and I like to watch wht the movement is for a particular word that the speaker is saying,and i noticed that when 'woman' was said,this guy made a hand movement like a pair of breasts in front of his chest............now i have no idea if that is correct for 'woman'........but it seems some people who know sign language could not understand.

The sign for woman varies from country to country.

The UK (BSL) signs for woman/ girl are signed by making a circular stroking movement with the right forefinger on the cheek or lips.

the ASL sign is made according to this image:-

http://lifeprint.com/asl101/gifs-animated/woman-03.gif

He could have been signing in a tribal African SL that other sign readers couldn't understand, I've heard that British & American SL are completely different. On the other hand he could have just done it for a 50 Rand bet..

He took a big risk for less than a fiver.

It sort of reminds me of that guy who went for a job at BBC news and the anchor mistook him for an expert on something and they got him on live on air to discuss the subject he had absolutely no idea about haha.

That's exactly who he reminded me of as well!

I come from a deaf family and I can understand sign language,nothing he signed made any sense to me he did not even spell anything out that I could pick up. whether he was signing in a different language I don't know, I have read that some African tribes have used some sorts of sign language in the past.

Archived