Lloyds bank fined £28 million

RJRB

Presumably another windfall for the exchequer and more costs to be clawed back from their customers.

Perhaps eventually banks will be good employers and look after their customers interests,but it's a long road back to what they used to be.

Presumably another windfall for the exchequer and more costs to be clawed back from their customers.

Perhaps eventually banks will be good employers and look after their customers interests,but it's a long road back to what they used to be.

If it costs the customers money then let's hope it costs the bank a lot of customers. I don't understand why people put their money into banks when building societies provide all the necessary services for less and in many cases for free.

Remember that we (the British Public) own 33% of Lloyds Banking Group. So to an extent this is just moving money from one government ledger to another.

The papers do not make good reading and yet again I find myself feeling embarrassed to work in this industry.

If it costs the customers money then let's hope it costs the bank a lot of customers. I don't understand why people put their money into banks when building societies provide all the necessary services for less and in many cases for free.

Yes it was terrible. They sold me shares in Whitbread and M&S. OK the Whitbread shares did go up by around 45% in the year but the M&S shares only went up by around 30%. I could have left my cash in the bank and got 0.5% without bothering. These people should be locked up.

http://www.fca.org.uk/your-fca/documents/final-notices/2013/lloyds-tsb-bank-and-bank-of-scotland

The link posted by SevenRivers is Royal Bank of Scotland, not Lloyds.

Cheers Andy, I've lost track of which banks are owned by which others.

The correct BBC story:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25330366

The EC recently fined a number of banks a total of £1.4bn for rate rigging.

Archived