Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

Digitalis

He must be doing a good job and asking the right questions when, ex-deputy leader Jahangir Akhtar refused to be interviewed with him, he said he would be interviewed by Rony Robinson but not Toby foster.

True,yesterday Toby said at least he himself hadn't been in prison but Akhtar had but so had Rony,what was Rony in for ?

He must be doing a good job and asking the right questions when, ex-deputy leader Jahangir Akhtar refused to be interviewed with him, he said he would be interviewed by Rony Robinson but not Toby foster.

Maybe with good reason. This morning Toby kept playing a clip from Jahangir Akhtar saying that they knew SOMETHING had happened and that they believed the appropriate person was acting (I paraphrase as I cannot remember the exact words, except that he said they knew SOMETHING had happened). Toby then kept saying that the Council knew WHAT had happened. A very different slant on what JA had said. Toby's slant gave the impression that the council knew all about 1400 girls etc, but that is nothing like what JA actually said. Toby is getting his teeth into this, which on the whole is good, but he is by no means perfect.

I agree that Toby is doing an okay job.

But, as most journalists do they (he) asks rhetorical questions - I got sick of yesterdays "What if it was your child?". Closed questions like "You knew what was going on?" can only get Yes or No answers or something else which is not answering the question directly (the preferred option of the media savvy).

Yesterday he asked for names of taxi companies suspected of involvement in ferrying children around. . . . and he got them. So is he going to give them to the Police and Council AND pursue the matter when nothing gets done?

We are all responsible for our communities and if we don't like it we must stand up and be counted, Stand for election? Confront prejudice where we see it? Report and give statements when we witness suspicious activity and law breaking?

I agree that Toby is doing an okay job.

But, as most journalists do they (he) asks rhetorical questions - I got sick of yesterdays "What if it was your child?". Closed questions like "You knew what was going on?" can only get Yes or No answers or something else which is not answering the question directly (the preferred option of the media savvy).

Yesterday he asked for names of taxi companies suspected of involvement in ferrying children around. . . . and he got them. So is he going to give them to the Police and Council AND pursue the matter when nothing gets done?

We are all responsible for our communities and if we don't like it we must stand up and be counted, Stand for election? Confront prejudice where we see it? Report and give statements when we witness suspicious activity and law breaking?

My Bold

We can all stand for election, but at the end of the day there is only one that gets elected, and, as of now it will either be the best or the worst person elected.

I still believe the buck stops with the police with regard child abuse, yes i do believe the rotherham council has a lot to answer for, at least a serious dereliction of duty, But the police did know of these offences and i suspect new more than most [not all] of the councillors, when a senior police man can give a Pakistani person a warning for raping an eleven year girl i consider that is, criminal neglect on the officer who sanctioned that, he/she should be prosecuted and the book thrown at them.

The police are getting let of the hook here a bit i think?

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 11:40 ----------

But having thought a little more about the police involvement, nobody from the police will speak/discuss with the media about this situation.

Toby is like a dog with a bone - he will not let this drop and bloody good on him!!!

His coverage of the Rotherham scandal has been second to none - you tell em Toby!

Oh for heaven's sake :o

If he is like a dog with a bone, then he is barking up the wrong tree!

They are all stirring this up like crazy to boost listener numbers and secure their jobs.

have any people been on, admitting guilt?

have any people been on, admitting guilt?

Pretty much, yeah;

Maurice Kirk told Toby he knew of it in the late 90s

Shaukat Ali told Toby he went to the seminar 9 years ago and knew of it

Kevin Barron told Toby he became aware of it over ten years ago but left it to the police

All elected officials who, it would appear, didn't take adequate action to prevent further child abuse. I'd say they'd admitted guilt.

You may not know bold forester but I taught in Rotherham for 11 years and tried desperately to get help for some of my students who were being groomed.

Toby is slowly bringing these people to account - the faceless ones who hid behind police and social services - who knew and who didn't act. I'm delighted with Toby's handling of the matter - this morning as I drove to school being especially impressive.

Archived