Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

Digitalis

I think you may be twisting stats to aid your argument, Radio Sheffield does quite well in the list compiled by RAJAR compared to other local stations, mystifyingly Hallam does even better, just proves that the majority can only listen to total blandness.

my bold

that somes up 75% of Radio Sheffield to a tee, as soon as T F as finished i switch to another BBC station. thats not to say i am a big fan of his, i just listen to see what he comes out with next, he does bring a smile to my face some time, but i will say this i dont find him funny.

I don't think we'll get anything out of the ordinary tomorrow from Toby just a decent normal show again, if anyone is expecting something special forget it he'll be on best behaviour and will definitely not be mentioning the war. :hihi:

WELCOME BACK FATLAD WE'VE MISSED YA. :):):)

OK, now those gereric figures were from September/Oct 2013 but it really just shows how this supposed flagship station with or without Foster's gob is falling way behind iwhatever they try to do.

BBC Radio is often stuck between a rock and a hard place in this respect. Too much audience share and it's accused of abusing the licence fee to stifle commercial operators, too little and it's wasting the licence fee on unpopular and expensive programming.

Really, really pleased to say the least. Morning radio has just not been the same and Radio Sheffield lost me since he left. This news has made my day. I fully expect 'best behaviour' but I know that it'll be just great to hear him back. Toby, if you read this, welcome back :)

BBC Radio is often stuck between a rock and a hard place in this respect. Too much audience share and it's accused of abusing the licence fee to stifle commercial operators, too little and it's wasting the licence fee on unpopular and expensive programming.

Heres what the local BBC Radio aim is,

The remit of BBC Local Radio is to provide a primarily speech-based service of news, information and debate to urban and rural communities. Speech output should be complemented by music. The target audience should be listeners aged 50 and over who are not well served elsewhere. There should be a strong emphasis on interactivity and audience involvement.

I didnt realise that there was the amount of old codgers on this thread that it seems there are:D

Heres what the local BBC Radio aim is,

The remit of BBC Local Radio is to provide a primarily speech-based service of news, information and debate to urban and rural communities. Speech output should be complemented by music. The target audience should be listeners aged 50 and over who are not well served elsewhere. There should be a strong emphasis on interactivity and audience involvement.

I didnt realise that there was the amount of old codgers on this thread that it seems there are:D

Now that is very interesting to read and explains a lot about the woeful quality of programming and choice of presenters.

So really what we have here is a government funded service providing a market for a very specific section of the population. RS is obviously a radio equivilent of meals on wheels or home help then.

Well, in that case no point it even being compared in the ratings or trying to compete. Might as well be treated with the same critique as Sheffield Live or Hospital Broadcast Services.

Archived