Appalled at dogs killing a woman

Is that the woman who's own dogs mauled her while she was having an epilectic fit. That she kept even after one had reacted badly during other fits?

Different news stories (depending on the bias) have reported different things.

Some neighbours have said the 'big' dog. Was soft as a brush, but didn't like it when the lass had fits.

Others have said they were always dangerous.

I think if a dog goes into attack mode when someone is at their weakest, that is a valid reason to rehome.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/11/leeds-dog-attack-woman-dies

I think it would have been extremely irresponsible for her to rehome the dog, she should have have it put down, sadly she's paid the price now.

I don't mean put existing dogs down, what I mean is we should pick a date, say, 1st January 2015, after which its not allowed to breed them after that date and any dog deemed by vets to be younger than that date should regrettably be put down.

Why?

Staffies weren't dangerous in the 1970s, 80s and 90s when it was Dobermans, Alsations and Rotties

Staffies have up until then always been "nanny dogs".

Although I would fully support a ban on the breeding of them at the moment, not because of any properties of the breed, but because of the sheer numbers alive and needing a home

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 16:05 ----------

Did you see the ? on the end.... It has a special meaning in the English language. Please don't misquote me by removing it and then pretending to be outraged at a statement that I never made.

<PEDANT>

I'm confused now. Are you asking the question or aren't you?

</PEDANT>

I don't mean put existing dogs down, what I mean is we should pick a date, say, 1st January 2015, after which its not allowed to breed them after that date and any dog deemed by vets to be younger than that date should regrettably be put down.

Do you have mental issues mate ?? because your comments are retarded.. until you know what your talking about, keep quiet hey..

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 16:13 ----------

Also they're too strong and too muscular and too dangerous.

Which is why you get them ripping people apart.

It's like saying don't ban guns people it's not the guns it's the owners that have the issue.

great idea.. lets ban all strong dogs.. err wait... :loopy:

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 16:14 ----------

police don't do anything about illegal dogs unless they attack. its about time all illegal were taken from their owners and killed. I don't give a damn if its somebodys pet, they should not have got it in the first place.People only get them for protection or to make them look hard.

LOL... are you for real..:help:

great idea.. lets ban all strong dogs.. err wait... :loopy:

No, because not all dogs are very muscular and strong like pit bulls are.

Can you not understand this really simple point? They have a lot of muscle so they are very strong.

I thought that was a really simple concept to grasp, obviously you're having trouble with it.

No, because not all dogs are very muscular and strong like pit bulls are.

Can you not understand this really simple point? They have a lot of muscle so they are very strong.

I thought that was a really simple concept to grasp, obviously you're having trouble with it.

so ban the ... pitbull, english bull, staffy, akita, alsation, german shepherd, dobermann, american bulldog, st bernard, irish wolfhound. etc.. get my drift.. do you get this simple explanation ?? its the owners not the dogs :thumbsup:

Staffies are not dangerous! They're one of the softest breeds of dog! Have you honestly ever come across an aggressive Staffy? I haven't and I live in an area where there are lots of them!

This is untrue and you do the breed no favours by claiming it.

Like any dog, a Staffy is as aggressive or peaceful as it is raised to be. Unfortunately there are idiots who buy them for their appearance and try to make them aggressive.

Staffies aren't aggressive by nature.

Should have to have a licence to breed certain types of dog,and the pups should be tagged with a number.Anyone caught with a dog not tagged should be heavily fined.

With many local authorities a breeders license is a requirement but as the vast majority of Staffies we see are not the product of legitimate breeding therein lies the problem, and I thought the dogs in question were Pits not Staffordshires!

Archived