Appalled at dogs killing a woman

so ban the ... pitbull, english bull, staffy, akita, alsation, german shepherd, dobermann, american bulldog, st bernard, irish wolfhound. etc.. get my drift.. do you get this simple explanation ?? its the owners not the dogs :thumbsup:

Don't forget the Newfoundland, Mastiff, Greater Swiss mountain dog, Boerboel, Great Pyranees, Rottweiler, Great Dane and the Cane Corso

why? did the old licensing law work?

Was the license back then just about raising money? This is about responsibility, and who should be responsible for looking after and training an animal that can kill, and is sometimes used in connection with illegal activities.

so ban the ... pitbull, english bull, staffy, akita, alsation, german shepherd, dobermann, american bulldog, st bernard, irish wolfhound. etc.. get my drift.. do you get this simple explanation ?? its the owners not the dogs :thumbsup:

Pedantic I know but do people still believe these to be different breeds?

Don't forget the Newfoundland, Mastiff, Greater Swiss mountain dog, Boerboel, Great Pyranees, Rottweiler, Great Dane and the Cane Corso

Not ban, but regulate/responsibilty more, any dog with a high power bike. Which the staffies have, but many smaller dogs of that size do not.

This is untrue and you do the breed no favours by claiming it.

Like any dog, a Staffy is as aggressive or peaceful as it is raised to be. Unfortunately there are idiots who buy them for their appearance and try to make them aggressive.

Staffies aren't aggressive by nature.

angel22 didn't say they were.

I think the "staffy" type dogs should be phased out.

i think people like you with clearly no knowledge of dog breeds should be "phased" out!!!

---------- Post added 17-12-2013 at 18:49 ----------

Cue the mindless idiots who will come on and defend Pit Bulls crying that they're not a dangerous breed, probably post a few links from Google showing how cute they look.

Pit Bulls are strong, dangerous animals, they're too muscular to be allowed round people. Get rid of them.

you obviously havent been round many and love the daily mail, get a life and comment on something you know for a fact!

This is untrue and you do the breed no favours by claiming it.

Like any dog, a Staffy is as aggressive or peaceful as it is raised to be. Unfortunately there are idiots who buy them for their appearance and try to make them aggressive.

Staffies aren't aggressive by nature.

More than any other type of dog they have verry well developed jaw muscles which give them a strong bite force and allows them to hold on tightly and it requires certain techniques to get them to let go.

But apart from that they're ok. :roll:

Archived