Appalled at dogs killing a woman

Seems quite clear to me; potentially dangerous things are regulated.

No they aren't. Not all potentially dangerous things are regulated. What about knives? Even things like crow bars, hammers, screwdrivers etc can be dangerous if they end up in the wrong hands.

I'd much rather be attacked by a Staffy than a person with a knife or crowbar!

No they aren't. Not all potentially dangerous things are regulated. What about knives? Even things like crow bars, hammers, screwdrivers etc can be dangerous if they end up in the wrong hands.

You can't buy knives if you're under 18.... and you can't carry them unless it has a folding blade of less than 3 inches....so they are regulated...just saying..

There are age restrictions on buying knives, even household kitchen knives, so there is a degree of regulation there.

This is untrue and you do the breed no favours by claiming it.

Like any dog, a Staffy is as aggressive or peaceful as it is raised to be. Unfortunately there are idiots who buy them for their appearance and try to make them aggressive.

Staffies aren't aggressive by nature.

I don't understand. You said my statement is untrue. But then you go on to make a very similar statement yourself?!

---------- Post added 18-12-2013 at 10:58 ----------

You can't buy knives if you're under 18.... and you can't carry them unless it has a folding blade of less than 3 inches....so they are regulated...just saying..

But no licence is required to own one. A knife with a blade of less than 3 inches could still potentially harm someone.

There are age restrictions on buying knives, even household kitchen knives, so there is a degree of regulation there.

There are also age restrictions on dog ownership but this would appear to be of little matter as dogs are bought and sold even given away daily.

I don't understand. You said my statement is untrue. But then you go on to make a very similar statement yourself?!

---------- Post added 18-12-2013 at 10:58 ----------

But no licence is required to own one. A knife with a blade of less than 3 inches could still potentially harm someone.

It certainly could but I was just pointing out that knives are regulated...

Archived