US drone kills 13 wedding guests in Yemen

According to an article in the Washington Post a US drone killed 13 wedding guests travelling to the wedding in convoy, it is believed the convoy was mistaken as a militant convoy.

People wondering why muslims are angry with Western interference don't need to look much further than this.

I am by no means justifying terrorism, it is vile and low, but the US and allies needs to stop this senseless war on terror and start talking about solutions as this isn't the first time this sort of event has occurred and it only drives more people in these parts of the world to think Al-Qaeda are right.

Yeah, totally, I can see how Muslim people would be angry with 'the West' when horrible events like this occur. In the same way I can see how Muslims can be angry with other branches of Islam when there is inter-religious conflict. Are 'the West' allowed to be angry with Muslims when a Western soldier gets his head hacked off walking down the road?

Yeah, totally, I can see how Muslim people would be angry with 'the West' when horrible events like this occur. In the same way I can see how Muslims can be angry with other branches of Islam when there is inter-religious conflict. Are 'the West' allowed to be angry with Muslims when a Western soldier gets his head hacked off walking down the road?

The soldiers head was hacked off in retaliation for the wests acts of terrorism. :rolleyes:

People wondering why muslims are angry with Western interference don't need to look much further than this.

How about the west being angry with Islam for the TENS OF THOUSANDS of innocent westerners who have been killed prior to this? Or is that feeling only allowed to be felt by muslims?

The west makes mistakes like this, albeit harrowing, while some Muslims target and attack innocent civilians. Its a very different situation.

How about the west being angry with Islam for the TENS OF THOUSANDS of innocent westerners who have been killed prior to this? Or is that feeling only allowed to be felt by muslims?

The west makes mistakes like this, albeit harrowing, while some Muslims target and attack innocent civilians. Its a very different situation.

It's not that different really.

Hey Mafya

Using this argument we can go back centuries and try and work out who cast the first stone. Doesn't help our situation today. I'd rather we didn't hurt each other in the name of religion (or any other reason, in fact). I'm sorry if my post was insensitive - I do, of course, believe that the drone killing in Yemen was frightful.

Hey Mafya

Using this argument we can go back centuries and try and work out who cast the first stone. Doesn't help our situation today. I'd rather we didn't hurt each other in the name of religion (or any other reason, in fact). I'm sorry if my post was insensitive - I do, of course, believe that the drone killing in Yemen was frightful.

This is dead right. It's extraordinarily futile to play games of 'my death toll is bigger than your death toll' in relation to atrocities like this.

The soldiers head was hacked off in retaliation for the wests acts of terrorism. :rolleyes:

Name a single act of aggression by the west that explicitly targeted Muslims that outnumbers the dead that resulted from the World Trade Centre attack?

The Muslim world is lucky the USA didn't carpet bomb you all back to the middle ages. You're lucky the USA needed oil, but that addiction has only a small amount of time left. How do you think things will pan out when the west no longer needs the likes of Saudi Arabia?

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 21:18 ----------

It's not that different really.

Do western forces target civilians as a matter of policy?

Archived