US drone kills 13 wedding guests in Yemen

what because you call some people white people :roll: you having a laugh aint ya bf :hihi:

I try to careful when talking about white folks ricgem because I know some of you are prone to hissy fits, despite claiming to have thick skins in that regard ;) **puts kettle on an awaits arrival of some of my favourite gobfrothers**

No, I afraid this statement is just wrong, because it's not a straight choice between the US and the UK using drones or carpet bombing suspected terrorists?

So you must think that using drones is cheaper than carpet bombing a target. .

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 17:50 ----------

Why. Do you record your posts on tape and play them back at night?

:D I couldn't have said it better myself.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 17:52 ----------

So what you are basically saying is that a soldier joins an army which receives it's orders from a Government?

That soldier then carries out those orders whatever the perceived rights or wrongs of the situation?

Should he be instructed to go to another mans land -to which he couldn't even point at on a map if requested to do so- & be prepared to kill if ordered to do so, he will?

For this he receives a wage, three square meals a day & a pension.

A terrorist on the other hand is a man or woman who sits down, thinks the situation through & decides that their particular cause is just. They then take up arms against well trained & armed troops who have the backing of a Government. No pension.

Now unless you believe that Governments & only Governments have the right to take lives, innocent or otherwise, it does appear that the terrorist at least has the moral upper hand, in having consulted their own conscience before taking up arms.

The soldier on the other hand is merely carrying out orders, & doesn't care about the rights & wrongs of the situation.

Obviously a lot depends on the cause being fought for. Is there genuine oppression & is the cause therefore a just one?

The soldier for the most part is however protecting civilians from the terrorists and the people at the top did all the thinking.

I try to careful when talking about white folks ricgem because I know some of you are prone to hissy fits, despite claiming to have thick skins in that regard ;) **puts kettle on an awaits arrival of some of my favourite gobfrothers**
i think your mistaken there bf the only people i know having hissyfits about name calling comes mainly from non whites :roll:

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 17:55 ----------

Wait, how do you know I have a beard!
wex can see into your soul :hihi::hihi::hihi:

The eventual end game in any terrorist campaign - whatever governments say to the contrary - is to talk to them & establish what they want.

Having done that a compromise can usually be arrived at which both parties can live with.

:D We already know what they want, a world which is dominated by their version of Islam.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 18:02 ----------

I am also not accepting the notion that the way that the US is trying to 'solve' the problem is either just or appropriate, in fact, I support the notion that what the US is doing is creating a larger problem than existed beforehand.

But that problem is mostly where it needs to be, in Islamic countries and not our countries, whilst they fight our troops over there, they aren't blowing civilians up over here.

So you must think that using drones is cheaper than carpet bombing a target. .

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 17:50 ----------

:D I couldn't have said it better myself.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 17:52 ----------

The soldier for the most part is however protecting civilians from the terrorists and the people at the top did all the thinking.

When that statement is true then fair enough. However it isn't always the case is it?

Sometimes Governments have a hidden agenda & the soldiers are being used to carry that out.

My point is simply that we shouldn't automatically think ' Government always right, Terrorist always wrong' it varies depending on circumstances. And yes, sometimes Governments carry out actions with good intention.

But that problem is mostly where it needs to be, in Islamic countries and not our countries, whilst they fight our troops over there, they aren't blowing civilians up over here.

And that is exactly the problem. Apart from a few instances they weren't blowing up civilians over here. Yes, 9/11 and 7/7 were awful, but they could have been prevented in another manner than just escalating the problem by using more violence.

Let me ask you, if you had a son that was being bullied because he was ginger, would you tell him to beat the crap out of the bullies and all of his friends, family and acquaintances? Or would you try to look for a solution with the bully (whether you beat the crap out of him or not?)

When that statement is true then fair enough. However it isn't always the case is it?

I didn't say it was, I said for the most part, which means most of the time but not all of the time.

Sometimes Governments have a hidden agenda & the soldiers are being used to carry that out.
I agree

My point is simply that we shouldn't automatically think ' Government always right, Terrorist always wrong' it varies depending on circumstances. And yes, sometimes Governments carry out actions with good intention.

I agree again, but in this case the terrorists need wiping out, and we might as well wipe them out in an Islaimc country, not this one.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 18:19 ----------

And that is exactly the problem. Apart from a few instances they weren't blowing up civilians over here. Yes, 9/11 and 7/7 were awful, but they could have been prevented in another manner than just escalating the problem by using more violence.

Let me ask you, if you had a son that was being bullied because he was ginger, would you tell him to beat the crap out of the bullies and all of his friends, family and acquaintances? Or would you try to look for a solution with the bully (whether you beat the crap out of him or not?)

There isn't a solution that will appease the Islamist that we will be able to live with, so that leaves wiping them out.

Archived