US drone kills 13 wedding guests in Yemen

And each extra person decreases the amount of land and resources available for everyone else, which isn't a problem for a country with lots of land and resources, but is a problem for an already over crowded country such a England.

The sense of overcrowding comes from having to live in great big densly populated cities but outside of those cities there's plenty of open land even in Britain. Thousands of square miles of it in fact. You could live in New York and get a feeling that America is too overcrowded

The areas I used to know as a kid around Grenoside and Ecclesfield havent changed hardly in decades. Another thing i noticed was that some houses on Parson Cross estate have been demolished.

The post war new towns the government built in the 50s and 60s spread themselves around a bit. But since then they haven't grown in size that much

There may be lots of land in America but much of it is uninhabitable and always will be, the deserts and the rocky mountain areas for instance.

The sense of overcrowding comes from having to live in great big densly populated cities but outside of those cities there's plenty of open land even in Britain. Thousands of square miles of it in fact. You could live in New York and get a feeling that America is too overcrowded

The areas I used to know as a kid around Grenoside and Ecclesfield havent changed hardly in decades. Another thing i noticed was that some houses on Parson Cross estate have been demolished.

The post war new towns the government built in the 50s and 60s spread themselves around a bit. But since then they haven't grown in size that much

There may be lots of land in America but much of it is uninhabitable and always will be, the deserts and the rocky mountain areas for instance.

No it comes from having a population density ten times larger than the USA and limited resources for the growing population. There are also vast swaths of land in the UK that is uninhabitable.

Although the problem is arguably less noticeable in the US due to a diverse population, you don't want to begin a conversation with a group of Redskins fans about Mexicans. (I used to play a browser game where I ended up in an alliance with Redskins fans, although the majority of them was black and there were quite a few hispanics, they still spouted the biggest xenophobe comments about Mexican immigrants)

Immigration is always difficult for people to cope with. They see their city as their own, not prepared to share it with people they feel have no right to be there. A cousin of my wife grew up in London and lives in a rough part of Salford, the abuse she gets because she is 'posh' is ridiculous.

The state of California alone would be screwed without Mexican immigrants and Americans of Mexican ancestry.

They number 100 percent of the farmworkers out there picking oranges, lemons, strawberries, apples, veggies of all kinds ... you name it..... under hot blazing summer weather. Agriculture is still a great big part of the state's economy

Whites and blacks couldn't handle the work. Too hard and too hot

Mexicans and Mexican-Americans also do everything from working as domestic help in motels and hotels to construction work.

The law enforcement agencies and fire departments throughout the state number Mexican-Americans on their force.

They are a very vital part of the work force and if they all just suddenly disappeared we'd be really up the creek in every way

The state of California alone would be screwed without Mexican immigrants and Americans of Mexican ancestry.

They number 100 percent of the farmworkers out there picking oranges, lemons, strawberries, apples, veggies of all kinds ... you name it..... under hot blazing summer weather. Agriculture is still a great big part of the state's economy

Whites and blacks couldn't handle the work. Too hard and too hot

Mexicans and Mexican-Americans also do everything from working as domestic help in motels and hotels to construction work.

The law enforcement agencies and fire departments throughout the state number Mexican-Americans on their force.

They are a very vital part of the work force and if they all just suddenly disappeared we'd be really up the creek in every way

I will assume you realise that if you replaced this scenario for Eastern Europeans in the UK you are basically saying the same. And in case you were wondering, I agree with you entirely!

No it comes from having a population density ten times larger than the USA and limited resources for the growing population. There are also vast swaths of land in the UK that is uninhabitable.

I thought the birth rate in the UK was declining. It is here. Large families are disappearing.

One of the problems here in fact is that there is potentially a huge population of aging, retiring baby boomers and considerably less younger working people to have to pay into the retirement system to support them

Those large swaths of the UK you talk of could easily be inhabitable because two essentials are available, water and land that food could be grown on unlike deserts and rocky mountains but in all probability never will be since if there's no work there's no demand for it

---------- Post added 16-12-2013 at 18:26 ----------

I will assume you realise that if you replaced this scenario for Eastern Europeans in the UK you are basically saying the same. And in case you were wondering, I agree with you entirely!

Yes I notice on trips to the Uk that people from eastern Europe are doing a lot of work that was done by Britons or Irish previously.

When I paid a visit to a very old aunt in a retirement home in Sheffield a few years back all the staff were Polish or from other countries in that part with the exception of the management who were English

One of my daughters-in-law is of Mexican ancestry. Her grandparents came here to work as fruit pickers. She is a physician's assistant. A very fine young woman and I'm very proud of her. The only fault she has is that she cannot speak Spanish :)

I thought the birth rate in the UK was declining. It is here. Large families are disappearing.

One of the problems here in fact is that there is potentially a huge population of aging, retiring baby boomers and considerably less younger working people to have to pay into the retirement system to support them

Those large swaths of the UK you talk of could easily be inhabitable because two essentials are available, water and land that food could be grown on unlike deserts and rocky mountains but in all probability never will be since if there's no work there's no demand for it

---------- Post added 16-12-2013 at 18:26 ----------

Yes I notice on trips to the Uk that people from eastern Europe are doing a lot of work that was done by Britons or Irish previously.

When I paid a visit to a very old aunt in a retirement home in Sheffield a few years back all the staff were Polish or from other countries in that part with the exception of the management who were English

One of my daughters-in-law is of Mexican ancestry. Her grandparents came here to work as fruit pickers. She is a physician's assistant. A very fine young woman and I'm very proud of her. The only fault she has is that she cannot speak Spanish :)

A report today said that 2013 had the highest no. of births since 1972. I will try to find the link. This isn't an anti-immigrant statement but this increase is generally down to the immigrant communities I believe, who are younger and therefore of a child-bearing age and who have more kids per family than the indigenous (?) communities.

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23618487

We already farm 70% of the land, the rest is built on or no good for either housing or farming, whilst the USA can export vast amounts of food because they have more land than they need, we have to import vast amounts of food because we are over populated.

Archived