US drone kills 13 wedding guests in Yemen

What, if a Pakistani drone killed 13 wedding guests in the UK?

Then I suppose the UK government would be ****** with the Pakistani government, just as the Yemeni government might now be ****** with the US government.

What I don't understand is what religion has to do with it. Why do people think it is useful to extend in-group out-group conflicts beyond national boundaries and into religious boundaries.

Statements like "people wondering why muslims are angry with Western interference" is what pours fuel onto the fire in the minds of idiots like Michael Adebolajo.

Conversely they'd argue we have bigger guns and the means to indiscriminately decimate huge areas of their country from the comfort of a desk in Nebraska.

As Halibut said there's no virtue in what either side claims, this isn't a noble conflict..and Im sure if you'd been the father of a dead bride you'd be spitting hatred at the regime that caused it, in fact those unconnected with the wedding party will feel the same way.

and i bet theres a few in this country feeling the same about others in other countries :rolleyes:

I posted this because it is exactly the sort of story that doesn't break through in the news, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this didn't get reported on in the various television news broadcasts tomorrow (bar probably Channel 4).

Yes, I have strong feelings about this and yes I find it important that people learn about the reasons why people feel compelled to 'fight for Allah'. I am in no way condoning them, I think they are at least as, if not more guilty of the broader current situation, but rather than ignoring this side of this pointless war, it should be pushed to the front of the agenda.

So let me be clear, the wonkers that killed Lee Rigby deserve to rot in prison for the rest of their lives, but equally someone should be held accountable for this incident. The US doesn't have a brilliant track-record when it comes to doing the right thing in these cases.

As an aside, the US is not at war with Yemen, it has no legal jurisdiction at all to attack anybody in Yemen, let alone a convoy that 'might' be a group of vehicles that has terrorists in it.

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 21:59 ----------

Statements like "people wondering why muslims are angry with Western interference" is what pours fuel onto the fire in the minds of idiots like Michael Adebolajo.

How is this not western interference? Of course this is going to upset people, Al Qaeda is fighting in the name of islam and it is gaining followers because of that cause, guess how that works? They point out the atrocities that Western countries commit, such as this drone attack.

I realise that they conveniently forget to talk about the terrible way they treat civilians, but let that be a problem for those that decide to join their cause.

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 22:04 ----------

and i bet theres a few in this country feeling the same about others in other countries :rolleyes:

care to elaborate on that statement, because either it is meaningless or you are trying very hard not to say what you are actually saying.

I posted this because it is exactly the sort of story that doesn't break through in the news, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this didn't get reported on in the various television news broadcasts tomorrow (bar probably Channel 4).

Yes, I have strong feelings about this and yes I find it important that people learn about the reasons why people feel compelled to 'fight for Allah'. I am in no way condoning them, I think they are at least as, if not more guilty of the broader current situation, but rather than ignoring this side of this pointless war, it should be pushed to the front of the agenda.

So let me be clear, the wonkers that killed Lee Rigby deserve to rot in prison for the rest of their lives, but equally someone should be held accountable for this incident. The US doesn't have a brilliant track-record when it comes to doing the right thing in these cases.

As an aside, the US is not at war with Yemen, it has no legal jurisdiction at all to attack anybody in Yemen, let alone a convoy that 'might' be a group of vehicles that has terrorists in it.

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 21:59 ----------

How is this not western interference? Of course this is going to upset people, Al Qaeda is fighting in the name of islam and it is gaining followers because of that cause, guess how that works? They point out the atrocities that Western countries commit, such as this drone attack.

I realise that they conveniently forget to talk about the terrible way they treat civilians, but let that be a problem for those that decide to join their cause.

having read the article it comes to light that the convoy could have been hiding terrorists, hmm so not so clear cut as a genuine mistake then eh

Then I suppose the UK government would be ****** with the Pakistani government, just as the Yemeni government might now be ****** with the US government.

What I don't understand is what religion has to do with it. Why do people think it is useful to extend in-group out-group conflicts beyond national boundaries and into religious boundaries.

cos they all **** in the same pot, whether its anti muslim or anti western, they all have an agenda of hate and want to keep the merrygo round going round

I guess it's because the drones are killing Muslims...exclusively.

having read the article it comes to light that the convoy could have been hiding terrorists, hmm so not so clear cut as a genuine mistake then eh

So you reply in a thread because "Hey Muslims" and then read the actual article it is about? :rolleyes:

Archived