US drone kills 13 wedding guests in Yemen

May I remind you of the countless attacks between protestants and catholics in Northern Ireland? Just because it has been going on for a long time doesn't justify it, does it?

Muslims seem to think it does, how else do you think a religion can be created over 20 years, set off to conquer most of europe and the middle east before getting defeated in the Battle of Tours 100 years later in 732AD?

I asked a simple question for clarification since the thread's about a bomb killing wedding guests in the Yemen, the converse would be a Pakistani bomb killing wedding guests in the UK, I certainly wasn't trying to turn it into a discussion about Lee Rigby :)

Accidents/mistakes happen, a good example is the police using helicopters to help in the fight against crime, should they stop using them just because one fell out of the sky and killed some innocent people.

I would be the first to condemn this if the US intentionally targeted this group of wedding guests in the full knowledge that they are innocents, but I wouldn't have a problem with the attack if the wedding guesses were Al-Qaeda.

Accidents/mistakes happen, a good example is the police using helicopters to help in the fight against crime, should they stop using them just because one fell out of the sky and killed some innocent people.
This wasn't a British Airways flight carrying excited holidaymakers to an Egyptian all inclusive. It was a remotely controlled flying bomb, intended to kill people and destroy property.

I would be the first to condemn this if the US intentionally targeted this group of wedding guests in the full knowledge that they are innocents, but I wouldn't have a problem with the attack if the wedding guesses were Al-Qaeda.

How many of the same 'accident' have to happen before an organisation is charged with corporate manslaughter?

This wasn't a British Airways flight carrying excited holidaymakers to an Egyptian all inclusive. It was a remotely controlled flying bomb, intended to kill people and destroy property.

How many of the same 'accidents' have to happen before an organisation is charged with corporate manslaughter?

Perhaps if the Muslims took it upon themselves to rid their societies of fundamentalists intent on hiding amongst them whilst making attacks on the rest of the world, the rest of the world would stop trying to attack the fundamentalists and their wouldn't be the occasional accident.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 09:15 ----------

My post got deleted for pointing that out. :suspect:

It will. You mustn't let facts get in the way of the ranters.

Thats correct and occasionally they hit the wrong target, sometimes they hit our own troops, but more often than not they destroy the intended target. Whilst they do create innocent deaths, they do also minimize innocent deaths. War is a nasty business and people die, its not uncommon that some of them will be innocents, its inevitable.

Perhaps if the Muslims took it upon themselves to rid their societies of fundamentalists intent on hiding amongst them whilst making attacks on the rest of the world, the rest of the world would stop trying to attack the fundamentalists and their wouldn't be the occasional accident

Baffled by your position, it's no better than the oiks who believed they had a noble cause when they executed one of our soldiers on a London street.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 09:18 ----------

Thats correct and occasionally they hit the wrong target, sometimes they hit our own troops, but more often than not they destroy the intended target. Whilst they do create innocent deaths, they do also minimize innocent deaths. War is a nasty business and people die, its not uncommon that some of them will be innocents, its inevitable.

Tell me, what do you think the public reaction would be if drones flew training missions with live ordnance over British soil?

Tell me, what do you think the public reaction would be if drones flew training missions with live ordnance over British soil?

Its not relevant to the war on terror, but commercial airlines flying over our heads would cause more damage and deaths than a drone if it fell out of the sky.

The post you quote talks about drones killing civilians in muslim states and you ask how many americans are terrorists? How many americans have been killed by islamic drones?

Also, what is a civilian? the terrorists see themselves as soldiers, so I assume you are talking about American soldiers, in that case the answer is: a lot.

answering a question with another question is an age old tactic that doesn't wash.

Baffled by your position, it's no better than the oiks who believed they had a noble cause when they executed one of our soldiers on a London street.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 09:18 ----------

Good job we got other countries to test them out don't you think. Bf no use killing out own

Archived