US drone kills 13 wedding guests in Yemen

Baffled by your position, it's no better than the oiks who believed they had a noble cause when they executed one of our soldiers on a London street.

No it isn't. That is just you trying to justify the unjustifiable. If you want a comparison. You can compare it to civilians being killed when we bombed a German arms factory in 1943.

That isn't the same as a deliberate attempt to murder someone on the streets.

No it isn't. That is just you trying to justify the unjustifiable.
Quite the opposite in fact, I'm challenging your thinking in trying to justify the unjustifiable. If a Pakistan drone had 'accidently' killed British citizens my position would be exactly the same, what would yours be? I doubt you'd consign it to being an accident of war.

If you want a comparison. You can compare it to civilians being killed when we bombed a German arms factory in 1943.

That isn't the same as a deliberate attempt to murder someone on the streets.

You continue to prevaricate over my point. Simple question, how do you think the relatives of those dead German civilians felt towards the British generally?

To put it another way, Sheffielders affected by the blitz didn't have ambivalent views about the Germans did they, even though the Germans believed their intended targets were legitimate ones.

These type of terrorist acts will continue to happen while the american rogue government classify people in Pakistan as militants until proven innocent which is the same as pronoucing someone guilty in the court of law before proving them innocent.

1 in 3 people killed by drones are civilians ( me personally think it is higher ), not only that but when a drone is sent in, another one comes about 10 minutes later to finish them off which by that time a group of civilians have gathered around trying to help the victims ( many civilians now know not to do this as they know what to expect )

Using drones in my opinion is a terrorist act which in the way they are used is actually illegal but as the american government is so powerful, they know they wont be hold to account.

Invading Afghanistan was illegal, ( i will never be able to agree that invasion was neccessary, Bin Laden ( going on the assumption that he was in Afghanistan at the time, the american government wouldnt have 100 % have known he was there ) was to have just happened to have been in afghanistan, he did'nt govern Afghanistan, it was just the country he was living in so invading a all country just to catch bin laden and his men was not justified, Afghanistan itself did not order 9/11.

But going back to drones, it is fighting terrorism with terrorism.

And another thing, when a drone is used , the american government do not open up a probe into who actually was killed, this is done by other people, the american government just say how many were killed and then they are all classed as militants when sometimes their not.

answering a question with another question is an age old tactic that doesn't wash.

The simple fact is that I don't know, just as I don't know how many British nationals were (and we both know there are quite a lot of those according to the secret services).

It still does beggar the question, how is it relevant?

These type of terrorist acts will continue to happen while the american rogue government classify people in Pakistan as militants until proven innocent which is the same as pronoucing someone guilty in the court of law before proving them innocent.

1 in 3 people killed by drones are civilians ( me personally think it is higher ), not only that but when a drone is sent in, another one comes about 10 minutes later to finish them off which by that time a group of civilians have gathered around trying to help the victims ( many civilians now know not to do this as they know what to expect )

Using drones in my opinion is a terrorist act which in the way they are used is actually illegal but as the american government is so powerful, they know they wont be hold to account.

Invading Afghanistan was illegal, ( i will never be able to agree that invasion was neccessary, Bin Laden ( going on the assumption that he was in Afghanistan at the time, the american government wouldnt have 100 % have known he was there ) was to have just happened to have been in afghanistan, he did'nt govern Afghanistan, it was just the country he was living in so invading a all country just to catch bin laden and his men was not justified, Afghanistan itself did not order 9/11.

But going back to drones, it is fighting terrorism with terrorism.

Afghanistan was not even a state at the time and was run by one terrorist organisation and harboured another.

Do you have any evidence of your claim that 1 in 3 people killed by drones are civilians.

I absolutely agree with your sentiments. Whether this attack was on a group of terrorists, or on a wedding party, it is still going to create more terrorists.

But it's Al Qaeda that wants to fuel a war between all Muslims and the West, and within that context it's why your statement "people wondering why muslims are angry with Western interference", and the often repeating of statements like it, is music to Al Qaeda's ears with their claims of "Muslim lands".

There is no reason why a Muslim in the UK should be more angered by this attack than a Christian in the UK. I'm angry by these attacks and I'm neither.

Sorry I missed this post.

Yes, I agree with you, it is music to Al Qaeda's ears, but I think the impact of the actual drone attack is a lot greater on their recruitment than the fact that people in the West copy Al Qaeda language in saying it is Western interference.

I also agree that this in itself is not a reason why muslims in the UK should be more angered, but the fact that they are still considered second rate citizens by some of the people in this country, because they are muslims, does.

Quite the opposite in fact, I'm challenging your thinking in trying to justify the unjustifiable. If a Pakistan drone had 'accidently' killed British citizens my position would be exactly the same, what would yours be? I doubt you'd consign it to being an accident of war.

You are not challenging anything. It is you that has blinded yourself by you preoccupation with having to defend anything Muslim.

To answer your point about drones flying over the UK. If we had terrorist training camps out on Dartmoor and the military decided to take them out using drones I would welcome it, and I suspect you would too just so long as they weren't muslim terrorists.

Afghanistan was not even a state at the time and was run by one terrorist organisation and harboured another.

Do you have any evidence of your claim that 1 in 3 people killed by drones are civilians.

yes, they are investigated by a group, i forgot their name but anyway they say alot of drone attacks result in children being killed. If you look it up, you will probably find something on it.

When a drone is sent, everybody around the target area is considered militant unless exceptional evidence suggests otherwise. Well militants live among the civilians so to class everyone nearby as militant will obviously result in civilians being killed.

Sorry I missed this post.

Yes, I agree with you, it is music to Al Qaeda's ears, but I think the impact of the actual drone attack is a lot greater on their recruitment than the fact that people in the West copy Al Qaeda language in saying it is Western interference.

I also agree that this in itself is not a reason why muslims in the UK should be more angered, but the fact that they are still considered second rate citizens by some of the people in this country, because they are muslims, does.

Perhaps if they demonstrated a little more loyalty to this country and a little less to any Islamic insurgent group in the world the rest of the population might alter that view.

Archived