Help with electric shower

It could just be the thermostat and in some showers they are replacable. Take the make and model number and either check the company website or ring them up.

Some of the newer showers you could do with a degree in physics to work them out, a nightmare for old foagy plumbers like me lol.

Check Screwfix and other places like B & Q for offers on new showers can pick up some good ones if you need to get one.

To me it sounds as though the thermostat or the heating element has given up. I'm only guessing as that is what happened to mine a couple of years ago.

If you can take it apart, make sure the water and electric is switched off first. If you think you may be able to replace those parts yourself once you have had a look inside, the parts should be easy enough to get hold of.

Replacing showers are fairly simple to do, sometimes eaiser than replacing parts, but if you do not feel confident enough to do so, then plumbers shouldn't charge that much.

Archived