Hybrid Vehicle Drivers in Sheffield

no car gets the stated MPG, it is a load of tosh - they arrive at that figure in laboratory controlled tests.

regarding LPG I would imagine it does not cause any more problems in a hybrid than it does in a conventional car, in the Netherlands LPG is really popular and I found several references to the fact that people have converted hybrids to work with LPG, but they are hard to translate :) I do suggest you get a converting company that has done it before with a hybrid though!

Not only that but it was found they'd even been lightening the weight of the car by taking out much of the interior and taping up the gaps in the panels.

Didn't realise that either. Time for the EU to ramp up the checks on these tests as in my opinion it is misleading. Not to mention that some governments use these figures to decide road tax etc.

Not only that but it was found they'd even been lightening the weight of the car by taking out much of the interior and taping up the gaps in the panels.

Do they actually go out on roads? I always thought the tests were done on an indoor rolling road....oh well..

Its the Daily Heil, so watch your salt intake!

Tricks of the trade revealed: How manufacturers fool drivers by claiming fuel economy figures which are up to 25% higher than in reality

Car makers 'tape door crack to prevent wind resistance and test in high temperatures to manipulate results'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2293192/The-tricks-trade-How-fuel-economy-figures-new-cars-good-think.html

I have owned my Gen3 Toyota Prius T Spirit (hybrid) for 18 months now,best mpg i have achieved is 75.5 mpg both on a run to the east coast, locally to Worksop and from the garage a few miles up the road too...in heavy traffic the engine stops and it runs on electric only,till the battery needs topping up,then the engine fires up for a short while...on top of this it is whisper quiet,automatic,road tax exempt,very advanced technologically,pretty quick when the power button is pressed in...1.8 fuel injected engine coupled with two electric motors,...and a five year warranty..would i buy another Hybrid..definately..would i buy another noisy diesel..NO :)

I have owned my Gen3 Toyota Prius T Spirit (hybrid) for 18 months now,best mpg i have achieved is 75.5 mpg both on a run to the east coast, locally to Worksop and from the garage a few miles up the road too...in heavy traffic the engine stops and it runs on electric only,till the battery needs topping up,then the engine fires up for a short while...on top of this it is whisper quiet,automatic,road tax exempt,very advanced technologically,pretty quick when the power button is pressed in...1.8 fuel injected engine coupled with two electric motors,...and a five year warranty..would i buy another Hybrid..definately..would i buy another noisy diesel..NO :)

What's your day to day MPG?

What's your day to day MPG?

In all honesty i do not keep a check on day to day/week to week etc MPG,when i first bought it i did keep a check to see how good the fuel consumption was but don't make a habit of it,as i am retired it really gets very little use just a few miles a day mostly, and as of now, i have not even taken it out of the garage for a couple of days..last longish run i did was to Preston about a 180 mile round trip..over the Woodhead,then M60/61 with cruise set at 70mph,car averaged 65.5 mpg for the 180 mile round trip...Over 5,600 miles..... according to the on board computer.....it has averaged 56.4 MPG,mostly short local runs....,but, it is a car built for economy and not excitement or speed...not really top class interior for the price of it,it's the technology you are paying for,and it is very well equipped...:)

Archived