What can I do now I love fat Terry.

No it wasn't obvious, or I wouldn't have asked for an explanation.

I'm not a vegetarian, I love meat, I'm not moaning about terry being killed. What I am saying is that I couldn't raise a turkey then eat it.

Fair enough, I suppose we aren't all raised to kill our pets :)

You have to forgive me, I grew up in the rural parts of the North of the Netherlands, we tend to say things as they are :)

Let Terry live,if you murder him you will regret it forever..He sounds really lovable.

One thing is certain,he is far more tasty than he is loveable!

Best way to despatch him is to go to the allotment after dark(so you can't see into his eyes),call him to you and hit him with a spade(hard,on the side of the head)and then cut his head off.Don't let him get stressed or the meat will be tough.

As for meat eaters being prepared to kill their own meat,well I would be but don't.I pay someone else to do that for me just as I pay lots of people to do lots of things that they are better at doing than I am.

Think of your worst site foreman and do him in, ead off with the trowel.

Na Then our reter,

No one was the Milky Bar kid Public Works Dept.

No Two was Cheyane Bodie Hassalls Castles.

No three was Eric Moore who would gi thia smack if tha was a minute late.

[And some times knocked on ones door if one had a lay in]

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 19:20 ----------

Come on Forumers we can't let Cuttsie do this! I say we all meet outside Town Hall tomorrow and campaign, Save Our Tez!!!

Make that Castle Market Town Hall stinks !

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 19:22 ----------

Why don't you ask whoever dispatched Sid to do the same to Terry?

Because his green house blew down in last weeks gales and he's not talking.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 19:26 ----------

Poor Terry. I couldn't eat him, BUT be careful if you decide to keep him. Keep him safe or you might find that nearer Christmas day somebody else has taken a fancy to him for a free Christmas dinner. That would be awful. :sad:

Gypsy Pete lives across from the Allotments and he has got a security camera aimed at the sheds.

Last week his bike that was parked under the camera got pinched.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 19:28 ----------

Fair enough, I suppose we aren't all raised to kill our pets :)

You have to forgive me, I grew up in the rural parts of the North of the Netherlands, we tend to say things as they are :)

Our Terry is not a pet, yet!

All year four of us allotment diggers have been rearing Turkey,s for Christmas.

We have boasted as to weight of our birds , Albert, Warnock, Sid and my very own Terry.

The trouble is the time is near and I am just to attached to our Terry.

He stands at my side evry time I sit in the hut gobbling away and even follows me when I go to the gate on the way home.

I have been telling her on the settee not to worry about ordering one from the Market this year as Terry will be ready and waiting ,not only that but he has had a good free range carry on so will be better than all those frozen cage reared imitations .

Another problem is how would the deed be done ,Taggy my mate says you just pull his neck while giving it a twist but I couldn't do that for Nuffields millions.

Gypsy Pete says you should use a chopper as that is the most humane way but I have been told that some times the birds run around without a head for a bit and that would put me off eating our Terry once and for all.

Deep down I know that my pal will have to go but on the other hand he may just see another Christmas.

I think i would struggle to wring his neck as well cuttsie but i think i could quite happily do it to the one called warnock.You will just have to wait until he dies of old age and give him a tasty send off with some stuffing and cranberry sauce.

I think i would struggle to wring his neck as well cuttsie but i think i could quite happily do it to the one called warnock.You will just have to wait until he dies of old age and give him a tasty send off with some stuffing and cranberry sauce.

Warnock has got a reight big adams apple and a gret big nose he also keeps flashing his tail feathers.

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 19:42 ----------

It's quite obvious he thinks you are his mum :love:

We don't know who is mum is as he was hatched in Tagggy's airing cupboard.

Archived