Going on red light and contacting DVLA

please help  

1. 1. please help

• please help
    • please help

Ok so I was going to town and I seen the lights not working so I stopped and wait for like 3 seconds next I thought they are not working so I looked both ways and went. there was a van behind me when I went he went like 5 seconds after me because I saw it in the mirror. Next this was next to staples shop to I went in got what I wanted when I was coming back in the shops window I saw the lights and it was the red light only not working. Now am worrying my head off as I am on provisional license and max you can get 6 points on them and I need to drive to college. By the way I was on a scooter so I don't know if they can see my plates:confused::confused: Do you think there could be any police cameras?? I know there was a camera for parking on a pole. go on google maps and type staples in luton and its the first one on castle street

Also to mention I even emailed local police asking if there are cameras there stupid me lool :loopy: and they send this ''Thank you for your email, if you do get a fine come through the post you will need to dispute this at the time'' what does this mean???

please help me! :help::help::help::help::help:

Firstly, you need to be waiting longer than three seconds to ascertain whether or not traffic lights are not working properly - for the very reason you highlighted.

Secondly, traffic light cameras flash you from behind so, yes, if present they may have caught you.

The simplest way for you to determine whether you were caught (besides waiting for a present on your door mat) is to revisit the location and look for the camera.

jb

ETA: or you can look on this map for the camera http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/speed-camera-database.htm

Ok so I was going to town and I seen the lights not working so I stopped and wait for like 3 seconds next I thought they are not working so I looked both ways and went. there was a van behind me when I went he went like 5 seconds after me because I saw it in the mirror. Next this was next to staples shop to I went in got what I wanted when I was coming back in the shops window I saw the lights and it was the red light only not working. Now am worrying my head off as I am on provisional license and max you can get 6 points on them and I need to drive to college. By the way I was on a scooter so I don't know if they can see my plates:confused::confused: Do you think there could be any police cameras?? I know there was a camera for parking on a pole. go on google maps and type staples in luton and its the first one on castle street

Also to mention I even emailed local police asking if there are cameras there stupid me lool :loopy: and they send this ''Thank you for your email, if you do get a fine come through the post you will need to dispute this at the time'' what does this mean???

Should have waited for a lot longer than that, as it may have just been a bulb out (as was the case)

I assume by this that you havent been riding long ?

You are required by law to stop at red traffic lights, as there were no red traffic lights you should treat the junction as if you have a give way line, and proceed if and when it is safe to proceed. If you do get a letter you should depute it and use the email you sent to the police to support your claim.

Christ, they let you drive? How the hell did you pass your test!

No cameras, but very worrying that you could be on the road!

I have to question WHAT were you driving? as I noticed you said you only have a PROVISIONAL...

If it was a car, did you have L plates, and was there also a responsible driver in the car?

If it was a bike, you need a CBT, and you also need to have L plates on that also, but I also think you need to read up on the highway code etc!

You should know about waiting when you think the lights are faulty if you have passed your CBT, if you haven't, then you shouldn't be on the roads without it...

Either way, I don't think you would stand a chance if you get a fine...

Archived