Parental Discipline

Nigel Farage revealed that he used to smack his children and said it was important that children had "a little bit of fear of their parents".

http://www.lbc.co.uk/watch-nigel-farage-admits-he-smacks-his-children-82832

I think he is right on, I never believe in pasting your kids and by gum, I had a few when I was playing up as a kid.

Never did me any harm and I always knew if I did things wrong that there was consequences, so I naturally had that in mind before I did owt bad.

But I never believe in bullying kids to make them better human beings, I believe in tough love but in the appropriate way, not making your kids walk on egg shells but do believe they should know who's boss.

So, in 2013, kids run amok in schools, there is no caning or slippers, at homes they rule their guardians, how do we cure this.

Maybe some good old fashioned values, tough love and bit of fear gets the most out of kids to realise their full potential in life.

I've spent most of 2013 in a school. The kids haven't run amok.

Your premise is broken.

Visit a few more schools. My local school is like a zoo! The kids disrespect the teachers, other staff and even visitors. They fight in the school yard and when teachers try to intervene a wall of students blocks them till the fight is over. Girls wearing skirts so far up their backsides it looks as tho their hair band has fallen down, smoking right outside the school and IN the school grounds.

Its a pit!

Visit a few more schools. My local school is like a zoo! The kids disrespect the teachers, other staff and even visitors. They fight in the school yard and when teachers try to intervene a wall of students blocks them till the fight is over. Girls wearing skirts so far up their backsides it looks as tho their hair band has fallen down, smoking right outside the school and IN the school grounds.

Its a pit!

Sounds like Grange Hill :hihi:

Nigel Farage revealed that he used to smack his children and said it was important that children had "a little bit of fear of their parents".

http://www.lbc.co.uk/watch-nigel-farage-admits-he-smacks-his-children-82832

I think he is right on, I never believe in pasting your kids and by gum, I had a few when I was playing up as a kid.

Never did me any harm and I always knew if I did things wrong that there was consequences, so I naturally had that in mind before I did owt bad.

But I never believe in bullying kids to make them better human beings, I believe in tough love but in the appropriate way, not making your kids walk on egg shells but do believe they should know who's boss.

So, in 2013, kids run amok in schools, there is no caning or slippers, at homes they rule their guardians, how do we cure this.

Maybe some good old fashioned values, tough love and bit of fear gets the most out of kids to realise their full potential in life.

Are you sure?

Archived