Parental Discipline

I think you are confusing smacking with abuse and beating someone up, when they are entirety different.

How do you discipline your children when they are doing something that you think is unacceptable.

I'm not confusing anything at all. Hitting children is abusive behaviour.

Check back a page or two for the answer to your other question.

I do hope that you aren't a parent if you can think of no other disciplinary method than violence.

I'm not confusing anything at all. Hitting children is abusive behaviour.

Check back a page or two for the answer to your other question.

I do hope that you aren't a parent if you can think of no other disciplinary method than violence.

You are confusing smacking with hitting, abusing and beating when in fact they are entirety different.

How do you discipline your children when they are doing something that you think is unacceptable?

I would really like to here how you discipline your children?

Trying to change the way people instill discipline is pointless unless you can give them an alternative.

And I'd still really like you to answer the questions I asked. It appears though that you aren't going to actually engage in discussion and instead are going to fruitlessly tell me that you want to know my private business.

---------- Post added 03-01-2014 at 11:47 ----------

I think you are confusing smacking with abuse and beating someone up, when they are entirety different.

How do you discipline your children when they are doing something that you think is unacceptable.

Smacking is a form of hitting. Are you trying to tell us that isn't a form of violence and that it doesn't rely on you being larger and stronger than the child?

And I'd still really like you to answer the questions I asked. It appears though that you aren't going to actually engage in discussion and instead are going to fruitlessly tell me that you want to know my private business.

Continually pointing out that smacking is abuse when it isn't, and continually declining to offer an alternative isn't really debate though.

Smacking is a form of hitting. Are you trying to tell us that isn't a form of violence and that it doesn't rely on you being larger and stronger than the child?

I'm saying that smacking a child isn't abuse.

A little game for you to play.

I am your 5 year old child, you take me into a shop and I keep touching stuff.

How are you going to stop me?

Continually pointing out that smacking is abuse when it isn't, and continually declining to offer an alternative isn't really debate though.

Hitting a child is abuse though. Quite clearly.

How can it be anything but?

Have you any experience of working with children who have been abused? Can you guess how the parents/carers usually justify their actions?

Welcome back, by the way:wink:

Archived