How much more rise in interest rate rise can you take?

John

How much more in interest rate rise can you take? (Currently at 4.0%)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How much more in interest rate rise can you take? (Currently at 4.0%)

• Interest rate rise don't bother me - good for my savings
    • an increase of 0.50%
    • an increase of 1.00%
    • an increase of 1.50%
    • an increase of 2.00%
    • an increase of 2.50%
    • an increase of 3.00%
    • an increase of 4.00%
    • I'm already in trouble without any increase
    • Mind your own business

I was on a variable rate mortgage but switched a while ago to a fixed rate so I'm not bothered what happens at the moment. Not really got much savings, just shares so doesn't really effect me there either. Couldn't vote as there wasn't an option for that.

I'm ok as I recently changed my fixed rate mortgage for another lower rate fixed rate. Of course, the independent financial advisor thought I was mad and kept trying to flog a variable rate. The interest rate will keep on falling to 2% he said ;-)

Good thing I didn't believe him!

I think any increase (even the bust of the early 90's) would be managable.

I'd just work all the hourse god sends until things calmed down.

Although I wouldn't want the rate to go above say... 7%.

I'm planning for the future right now as far as my personal qualifications are concerned so I'm hopeful that I'll have an excellent wage should the worst happen!

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I think any increase (even the bust of the early 90's) would be managable.

I'd just work all the hourse god sends until things calmed down.

Although I wouldn't want the rate to go above say... 7%.

I'm planning for the future right now as far as my personal qualifications are concerned so I'm hopeful that I'll have an excellent wage should the worst happen!

Hope your qualifications are in plumbing DB! Did you see the guy in todays paper who was a PhD molecular biologist on 23k giving up his job to retrain as a plumber in order to double his salary. :D

Go south young man

Heathrow Terminal 5 – A Nice Earner !

Skilled building workers involved in the construction of the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow can expect to earn up to £55,000 a year. This is the result of a pay and conditions deal that’s been agreed between one of the main contractors and three trade unions. Under the deal electricians can expect to earn up to £75,000 and unskilled labourers should be able to earn as much as £32,000 a year. The agreement is expected to set the rate for other contractors.

British Airports Authority (the owners of Heathrow) are planning to recruit hundreds of refugees to work on the project and intend advertising for workers in cultural centres and places of worship.

Any Wise Owls who are interested in applying should contact either their local Jobcentre Plus or Laing O’Rourke the building contractor.

Terminal 5 is expected to cost nearly £3 billion to build and is scheduled to open in 2007.

http://www.wiseowls.co.uk/news/feb2003.htm

Archived