Bomb explodes in N Ireland

If you are lining yourself up alongside angos then you should note that he is arguing that the conflict in Ireland is cultural (whatever that means) and not religious only so that he can exonerate Christianity of its violent side in order to emphasise that it is Islam that is the main religion of violence.

But it is, surely?

Eire is also the name of the Irish state according to the Irish constitution. I use it to distinguish between the 26 county state and the 6 county province.

Religion is the main factor in Northern Irish politics. The vast majority of people vote according to their religion. They don't even have abortion. The state is an orange state and was set up as an orange state in order to ensure that Protestantism tied it to the UK, something it still does.

If you can provide evidence to your claim that religion is not the main issue in Northern Irish politics then do and I'll gladly shoot it down.

Then you are using the word incorrectly. Are you aware that the original Irish constitution lay claim to the entire 32 counties? Hence Eire.

Are you further aware that in the Good Friday Agreement ratified in December 1999 a quid pro quo was agreed between the UK & Irish Governments whereby the Irish relinquished that claim until such time as a majority in the province voted to join?

In return the British Government affirmed that it 'No longer had any strategic or territorial claims over the province' & that a majority vote of 50% + 1 would secure a United Ireland.'

You have not answered my question as to what ACTUAL experience you have of Ireland.

Your views as expressed so far are antiquated. When you provide me with some evidence that you may have some up to date knowledge of the country we can continue the discussion.

It didn't really bother the locals that much. They were more concerned with getting from A to B with the minimum of fuss.

if you was in that resteraunt and a bomb went off outside youd be alittle concerned?

its all and mighty cos you know it wasnt dangerous, if you was there it wouldve been concerning as it happened

if you was in that resteraunt and a bomb went off outside youd be alittle concerned?

its all and mighty cos you know it wasnt dangerous, if you was there it wouldve been concerning as it happened

Of course my ears would prick up! But as I said the the people went about their business and this is the best way to react (don't let them scare you mentality)

Anyhow,this aint new news.Every other month some car gets hi-jacked and driven to cop stations with the usual threat of "bomb onboard"

The demographics exist in a Nationalist majority is guaranteed in the future. That will not bring about an immediate unification but it is inevitable in the end.

As to ' Ireland is still a country deeply influenced by Catholicism' how familiar are you with the country?

Your comment is at least 15 years out of date & the church is becoming more & more irrelevant as each year goes by.

Having said which, it really has no bearing on matters does it? This country has an Established church which isn't the church of many citizens & we manage to survive.

What are these demographics you have then that make it a certainty, because you have not linked to any?

Of course my ears would prick up! But as I said the the people went about their business and this is the best way to react (don't let them scare you mentality)

Anyhow,this aint new news.Every other month some car gets hi-jacked and driven to cop stations with the usual threat of "bomb onboard"

surely its MORE newsworthy than the normal islamic attacks which happen more regularly?

surely its MORE newsworthy than the normal islamic attacks which happen more regularly?

I think newsworthyness is down to the body count or at least the capacity/capability for body count.

It was headline news when terrorists killed two soldiers answering their door for a pizza, and also when a PSNI officer was killed. It will be headline stuff again if they go big.

I think what you are trying to infer, is that only Islamic attacks get to the headlines. We know that's not true, so I'm unsure of your motive to make such an inference. It was headline news when some Ukrainian white supremacist let off a string of bombs near mosques and also killed an elderly Muslim gentleman , and also when a mosque was arsoned.

Archived