Death of a journalist

R.I.P

months ago i watched this video of homelessness in newcastle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bCPS9iZXWw

today i notice this sad news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25239138

a journalist spent days sleeping rough on the streets of newcastle in april, 3 days in he died of "adult sudden death syndrome"

apparently people were concerned because it was unseasonally cold in april

think about those doing it all year with no choice, specially at this time of year

R.I.P

he died doing his best and to try and help those less fortunate

probably the ones i used to know lol, although some were quite old back then so probably gone by now, i know a few i knew died

Last week there was someone in a sleeping back inside the pedestrian tunnel near bus station to crucible.

When I give something I always wonder if they really live like that or trying to make extra money. Some beggars in Amsterdam used to make more than minimum wage.

The beggars and Big Issue sellers you see in the day always have dogs, but the folk you see sleeping rough at night never have dogs, so where do the dogs go at night, or is there a bit of fraud going off? Maybe the daytime beggars have plush houses and take their dogs home with them.

Because with house prices being so low it's easy to buy a plush house by begging.
About 20 yrs ago one of our neighbours used to go all over Yorkshire busking in tourist centres, he reckoned to make £200 a day easy.

Some of the Big Issue sellers with good pitches make loads of money, probably more than a lot of minimum wage slaves. I'll donate to organised outfits like the Archer Project and St Wilfrids but won't give direct to beggars in the street.

Archived