Liverpool could really win the Premier League this year!

taxman

I am suggesting that the world, not just football, has always been this way, and it will always be this way.

I'm not denying that, in fact I agree with it. However, as you will know there are plenty of examples where reward for effort is restricted by regulation and as football is a highly regulated sport....

See where that line of thought is going?

I'm not denying that, in fact I agree with it. However, as you will know there are plenty of examples where reward for effort is restricted by regulation and as football is a highly regulated sport....

See where that line of thought is going?

As a product the EPL offers the best in the world, it is by far the most competitive major football league. It may not produce the best football, but it's entertainment is up there with the best.

This season is a fine example, with four clubs in contention up until the final few months of the league, then there was 3 clubs left in the hunt with a couple of matches to go, and the league was decided in the final match.

We also had the smaller clubs deciding where the championship ended up, with most clubs playing with passion up until the final game.

For me the regulation has to be aimed towards the agents, who take money out of the game, rather than transfer fees, which recycle the money and wages.

As a product the EPL offers the best in the world, it is by far the most competitive major football league. It may not produce the best football, but it's entertainment is up there with the best.

This season is a fine example, with four clubs in contention up until the final few months of the league, then there was 3 clubs left in the hunt with a couple of matches to go, and the league was decided in the final match.

We also had the smaller clubs deciding where the championship ended up, with most clubs playing with passion up until the final game.

For me the regulation has to be aimed towards the agents, who take money out of the game, rather than transfer fees, which recycle the money and wages.

This is what they used to think in Germany about the Bundesliga, than German football went on a massive slide and they introduced strict regulation to ensure German talent had a fair chance and a lot of money was invested in the grass roots.

Who do you fancy more to win in Brazil?

Also, the EPL might be the biggest league, and there are some entertaining games from time to time, but on the whole, it bores me to death, I'd much rather see the Championship where teams are genuinely able to beat each other on any given day.

This is what they used to think in Germany about the Bundesliga, than German football went on a massive slide and they introduced strict regulation to ensure German talent had a fair chance and a lot of money was invested in the grass roots.

Who do you fancy more to win in Brazil?

Also, the EPL might be the biggest league, and there are some entertaining games from time to time, but on the whole, it bores me to death, I'd much rather see the Championship where teams are genuinely able to beat each other on any given day.

Teams are able to beat each other on any given day in the EPL. This season the bottom team at that time defeated Chelsea this season to effectively end their title hopes this season, and the team that finished bottom defeated the champions.

Now thing is for sure we do not want a league like the Germain one, where one team is so much bigger than the others that it can take whatever player that it wants from any of the other teams.

I fancy Brazil to win the World Cup by the way.

An interesting view you have there. Perhaps you'd lke to expand on it a little and open it to debate.

simply because with out Mansoors money, which at the time was like cITY winning the lottery.

Not only did he finance the transfers but also the wages to get these players which cITY could no way afford with the gates and the sponsorships they were getting at the time.

And yes Man Utd did spend big, but with their fantastic gates over the years that's where a lot of the money came from, as someone said on here, they got nearly 60,000 in the 2nd division in the 70s

I don't think English football is in a healthy state at all, no. The Dutch national eleven demonstrates that the way it is arranged there is far superior to the British game and this discrepancy has been there since the PL started. The main reason for that is that football is organised from top to bottom with the same goal: Get youngsters into football and give them a real chance of getting into professional football.

If I compare that to the PL and see how many home-grown talents are booted for cheaper foreign players that don't add a lot to the game at all...

I have no problem with football being a business, but it is and should remain a hobby first. Instead we are seeing TV deals and the super wealthy owners delivering billions a year and most of that going straight into the pockets of some 300 footballers. I'd rather see Rooney be paid 150K a week and 150K a week going straight to pitches in Manchester to enable more grass-roots development than see Rooney take 300K home and buy a new Ferrari every week (figuratively speaking). Fans are too gullible in letting the big clubs get away with that.

You really need to take a proper look at what City are doing in Manchester and maybe you'll see what investment on a massive scale is going to do to English football at least on a local level.

May I also remind you that City was milling around in League 1 not so long ago? Too many clubs are going to the wall trying to compete on an uneven playing field. All Mansour has done for that playing field is force it to be more uneven. (And no, he isn't the first or last to do so)

Are you being serious with this comment or just trying to get a rise out of me? Do you think I am somebody who has just discovered football in the last year or so? I've suffered along with many fellow City supporters the hardships that football can throw at us. I've watched the club I love nearly go under several times and had to suffer some shockingly bad football all while seeing the local rivals enjoy great success. There's not a day goes by without me feeling incredibly lucky that the Sheik chose to invest in City and I know from speaking to fans of other clubs that they would love for it to have happened to them.

You really need to take a proper look at what City are doing in Manchester and maybe you'll see what investment on a massive scale is going to do to English football at least on a local level.

Are you being serious with this comment or just trying to get a rise out of me? Do you think I am somebody who has just discovered football in the last year or so? I've suffered along with many fellow City supporters the hardships that football can throw at us. I've watched the club I love nearly go under several times and had to suffer some shockingly bad football all while seeing the local rivals enjoy great success. There's not a day goes by without me feeling incredibly lucky that the Sheik chose to invest in City and I know from speaking to fans of other clubs that they would love for it to have happened to them.

But you were much happier then surely,what with the likes of franny lee,summerbee,bell:etc hihi: I actually asked a city fan that question once,and i was being serious.:)

simply because with out Mansoors money, which at the time was like cITY winning the lottery.

Not only did he finance the transfers but also the wages to get these players which cITY could no way afford with the gates and the sponsorships they were getting at the time.

And yes Man Utd did spend big, but with their fantastic gates over the years that's where a lot of the money came from, as someone said on here, they got nearly 60,000 in the 2nd division in the 70s

Yes there was a significant amount of investment over a short period of time but the league is something that has to be won. Just throwing money at something does not work so comments 'buying the league' just sound like sour grapes. United currently have a poor team due to little in the way of investment in recent years and I don't think their income will sustain the short term investment required to address this so they're going to require outside investment or several years in transition. Which would you prefer?

Also, seeing as you're talking about the club's history, how about the investment Louis Edwards made into United with money made from selling rancid meat to schools for school dinners? Let's hear your take on that eh?

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 18:31 ----------

But you were much happier then surely,what with the likes of franny lee,summerbee,bell:etc hihi: I actually asked a city fan that question once,and i was being serious.:)

I'm talking about the nineties but it was awful time to be a City supporter. We did have a laugh though, you had to really. There was some real gallows humour and a lot of drowning of sorrows (it was very difficult to watch City sober). The Sheik coming along has allowed the club to succeed but us City supporters are generally well grounded. That may change in a few years with the new supporters coming along but any successful club will have that element.

Edited by Goon

A fair comment about Edwards I admit that,disgraceful behaviour, but back too United, they have always tried to bring youth into the side, Welbeck, Wilson, Cleverly over the past few years, how many in cITYS squad are from their academy?

Micah Richards? and after him I'm struggling